Tuesday, 23-Apr-24, 6:33 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Season 7 Speculations & Expectations
DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 09-Jun-14, 2:20 PM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

Well, at the moment, it's obviously more "Season 7 expectations" that "Season 7 Spoilers" happy

[…] In the times that we have discussed the show, though, we’ve spent the bulk of the time trying to figure out what could come next for Jane and Lisbon. It feels like the two are definitely a couple now, and this is the territory that is going to be mined and explored moving forward. It’s understandable that they would be the focus, given that they happen to be who just about everyone wants to be spending their time talking about right now.

But what about the other characters? We wanted to at least spend a minute or two trying to figure out what some of their own futures on the show could be. […]

http://cartermatt.com/122405....-lisbon

Wand612 Date: Monday, 09-Jun-14, 2:40 PM | Message # 17
Jillaroo

Thanks for posting, DS_Pallas. I do hope we won't have to wait as long as next spring for the show to resume. And I agree with the article.. even though I am most interested in Jane and Lisbon, I am interested in the other characters as well. It will be fun seeing them develop. With Fischer, I'm hoping for more girl talk with Lisbon.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 09-Jun-14, 3:26 PM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

Fisher seems to be the more "questionable" character, imo.
She was a useful device in "My Blue Heaven", and we've learnt that writers once considered her as a potential love interest for Jane, but as the idea has been dropped,
I hope they will give the character a more interesting role, because in the last episodes, Agent Fisher was rather shallow and transparent.

Evy Date: Monday, 09-Jun-14, 5:07 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

Quote DS_Pallas ()
I hope they will give the character a more interesting role, because in the last episodes, Agent Fisher was rather shallow and transparent.

I agree !
She were sometimes completely useless. The evidence ; episode 21, (when she joins Abott and CHo at the Wheaton Tale Medical Center ) she says "How I can I help ?". tongue

Evy Date: Tuesday, 10-Jun-14, 9:08 PM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

Deadline :

‘The Mentalist’ Ups Joe Adler To Regular

http://www.deadline.com/2014....regular

EXCLUSIVE: Recent Mentalist cast addition Joe Adler has been promoted to a series regular for the upcoming seventh season of the veteran crime drama. Adler plays Jason Wylie, the lighthearted and brilliant FBI computer expert with a deep interest in Jane’s (Simon Baker) mind games. Adler’s promotion is not a surprise as has appeared on a recurring basis in every episode of the show since its reboot halfway through Season 5 when the Red John storyline was wrapped up and show’s setting was moved from California to Texas. When it renewed The Mentalist last month, CBS did not specify the size of the order but I’d heard that it is for a 13-episode seventh and likely final season, something the network also would not confirm. The Mentalist is not on CBS’ fall schedule and is slated to return in midseason if not sooner. Adler, repped by Paradigm and Authentic, did an arc on Shameless and will next be seen in The Maze Runner.

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 10-Jun-14, 11:11 PM | Message # 21
Bee's Knees

Nice news. I like Wylie. Thanks for posting, Evy.

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 1:33 PM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

I'm glad he is becoming a regular, I enjoy his character

Fran Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 2:05 PM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

Well, as everyone knows, my interest has always been Jane, so I'm really only mildly interested in the other characters' stories. In the past, the episodes that have dealt with stories about the other characters have always been my least favourites, so I definitely wouldn't want to see more focus on their stories if it meant less focus on Jane's.

It seems to me that they're at a bit of a loss to know what to do with Fischer. Although Emily Swallow seems on twitter to be a very nice person, unfortunately she hasn't really grabbed my attention on the show, so I'm unable to raise any interest in her character.

Abbott grabbed my attention from the moment he appeared so he does interest me, and I've warmed to Wiley (I find him amusingly quirky without being over-the-top), so am pleased that he's been made a regular. But even with those 2, I'm pretty happy with the balance the way it is, so wouldn't want to see their roles expanded.

Ooh, and I forgot to post earlier that I agree with June that Pike was just a device and there's no need for him to be in Season 7. I hope we're right, because I have no interest in him at all, I'm much more interested in seeing how Jane & Lisbon adapt to this new phase of their relationship.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 3:15 PM | Message # 24
Fair Dinkum

Quote Fran ()
Ooh, and I forgot to post earlier that I agree with June that Pike was just a device and there's no need for him to be in Season 7. I hope we're right, because I have no interest in him at all, I'm much more interested in seeing how Jane & Lisbon adapt to this new phase of their relationship.

Oooooh yes, 200% agree with that, Fran!

June Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 4:54 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

Quote Fran ()
I hope we're right, because I have no interest in him at all, I'm much more interested in seeing how Jane & Lisbon adapt to this new phase of their relationship.

Exactly. And I'm pretty sure we're right because according to TVLine: Pedro Pascal will star in the upcoming Netflix Drama Narcos. He will play Javier Pena, a Mexican DEA agent whom the United States sends to Colombia to capture and kill cocaine kingpin Pablo Escobar. I wish him all the best but not in The Mentalist.

bee Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 5:55 PM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

My favourite new character has to be Abbott because I enjoy seeing the banter between him and Jane and how their relationship has grown over the course of Season 6 and how it will develop in Season 7 especially now that Jane and Lisbon are a couple. Wylie is growing on me but I do still miss Rigsby and Cho's banter. Fischer is my least favourite character and I'm still unsure about her. Is she above Cho and Lisbon in rank? Her character seems rather bland and I cannot really see where she fits in. I'd rather see Lisbon in her place as I think she is the better Agent with much more experience. To me Pike has served his purpose (ie getting Lisbon and Jane together) and I cannot see any point in his return in Season 7.

I agree that Season 7 should now concentrate on Jane and Lisbon's relationship and how Jane copes with this new development, (he still hasn't taken off his wedding ring), and after all the series is called The Mentalist and the story has first and foremost always been about Jane's journey after the deaths of his wife and daughter and Season 7 should reflect that.

Message edited by bee - Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 6:52 PM

Peithon Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 7:15 PM | Message # 27
Rip Snorter

I like Fischer, but Heller was rushed to a season finale, or I am sure she and Jane would hsve had a fling before Jane hooked up with Lisbon. It's her team so everyone reports to her and she reports to Abbott. I hope she gets more screen time next season.

Tina Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 8:04 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

I agree Fran. I love Jane and I don't want to see the focus too much of the other characters. I'm not too crazy about episodes not focusing on his character. He is the most interesting and best character of all times for me. I am happy for Joe though. He is kind of cute. As long as he doesn't take screentime from Simon.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 9:47 PM | Message # 29
Fair Dinkum

'The Mentalist' Season 7 Updates: Jisbon Fans Wait Longer; Bruno Heller, Simon Baker Hope Fans Want More
from International Business Time (only speculations)

http://au.ibtimes.com/article....uno.htm

Simon Baker, who plays the titular mentalist Patrick Jane, also expressed his optimism that fans of the series will anticipate The Mentalist Season 7. Baker said the "closure" in the Season 6 finale "will leave [the fans] craving more."

Meanwhile, Joe Adler, who plays FBI Agent plays Jason Wylie, has been promoted to series regular, according to Deadline. Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman are not likely to return to the series as regulars, given their characters' storylines in The Mentalist Season 6.

When will 'The Mentalist' Season 7 premiere on CBS ?

Fans are already speculating on the possible stories in The Mentalist Season 7. One, there could be a time jump, such that Jane and Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) are already married at the season premiere. Two, the whole seventh season will show how the new couple adjust to their new relationship.

However, it must be noted that not all avid viewers of The Mentalist are Jisbon fans. Many viewers have noted in social media channels that Jane should be given much bigger cases now that he is with the FBI. The last big case in Jane's hand involved human trafficking for vital organs.

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 9:56 PM

Evy Date: Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 8:28 AM | Message # 30
Fair Dinkum

TVLine "Ask Ausellio"
24th June

http://tvline.com/2014....#

Question: My favorite show is The Mentalist. Do you have any news for Season 7? –Snežana
Ausiello: A new woman is about to enter Patrick Jane’s (professional) life. The CBS drama is casting the series regular role of Michelle Vega, a rookie FBI agent who is a student of combat and weaponry and is unfazed by high-pressure situations (such as when the show awaited that 11th-hour renewal).

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 8:29 AM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz