Friday, 03-May-24, 10:33 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Season 7 Speculations & Expectations
258pce Date: Thursday, 26-Jun-14, 10:28 PM | Message # 46
Cobber

Bee--I love all those suggestions! I'll second that.
DS--I also concur with your ideas--No railroad tracks!

Fran Date: Friday, 27-Jun-14, 11:50 AM | Message # 47
Fair Dinkum

Quote AgentM ()
Looking forward to the 'chases' and more action.

I'm hoping you'll be disappointed about that because action/chase scenes do nothing for me. But I think there's a good chance that I won't have to endure too many, because as Raven pointed out above, this 'spoiler' was about Season 6 not Season 7. The Bruno quote referred to as about Season 7 by breathecast, is actually from a post-Season 5 interview about Season 6:

Overall, what can we expect next season?
Heller: Up until now if you’re comparing it to Moby Dick, which is one of the analogies I used to describe the length of the chase, next season the whale has been sighted and they’re in the small boats and chasing the whale. It’s much faster paced, more thrilling, more action, more surprises. We’ll still be delivering those mysteries every week. But just as you see with the last episode of the season, there’s no more tracking and more chasing.
Full interview can be seen here: http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/load....1-0-207

And this is a good example of why I dislike these sites so much, because they state incorrect information and obviously that confuses people.

As for expectations, I try not to have many because I find that having too clear a vision in my head makes it easy to feel dissatisfied when the writers vision doesn't match mine. I really enjoyed the 2nd half of Season 6, so would be very happy to see it continue in that way. Basically, I'm more interested in mind games than action. Hoping there'll be some good scenes with Abbott and Jane, love the way their relationship has developed (I've grown tired of conflict between lead characters and their bosses, has become a bit of a cliché for me). I'm not particularly interested in seeing resolution of all the unexplained and probably inexplicable things that have happened, I expect that from documentaries (which I don't like), but I'm happy enough to suspend disbelief for TV shows where there's a lot of artistic licence. And obviously I'd like to see Jane/Lisbon coming to terms with their new relationship, but not as the central storyline, and hopefully done with a mix of humour and light drama.

sylvia5993 Date: Friday, 27-Jun-14, 4:42 PM | Message # 48
Bee's Knees

Fran, you nailed it. That is exactly what I'm hoping for in season 7. Good writing, as in season 1, but without all the arcs and drama. Since there will be only 13 epis. the relationship issues need to be off screen maybe, perhaps a love interest for cho who seems to be smiling more. This show is about Jane and his abilities to suss out cretins and amuse us in the doing.

June Date: Friday, 27-Jun-14, 5:36 PM | Message # 49
Bee's Knees

This year will be weird and I think we'll have to wait longer to have some good information about seventh season. About the new agent, I see her as a love interest for Cho. I don't find any other reason because if it's not, why does the show need other character? What will happen with Fisher? I'm a little sad for her, I like her but she seems to be in an awkward situation. Abott's character had a very good development in the last part of season six and his relationship with Jane can play a big part in the new one. Wylie... sweet and nice but he's not an important character. Fisher, as she said, arrived to be part of a love triangle. But it didn't work and they didn't know what to do with her. She coud become Lisbon's best friend, her confident. I don't know but she needs something to play with.

What I expect of season 7? A real and emotional development of Jane and Lisbon love story. No Castle!!! No Bones!!! No cheesy cliches!!! Please!!! I don't need to see them waking up together. They can do it in a more original way.
A return to the old mentalist dynamic in some way. Funny, using tricks to solve cases, with the participation of everybody like in "Violets".
I want to be closed some loose ends: Blake association.
I want to know more about Jane's past: his wife and daughter, what happened when he was away for two years, how he felt killing Red John, more about his carny life (I'd love to see Pete and Sam again)
To see Jane and Lisbon being finally happy.
A perfect ending that makes me cry tears of joy.

Message edited by June - Sunday, 29-Jun-14, 4:27 PM

AgentM Date: Friday, 27-Jun-14, 7:02 PM | Message # 50
Bee's Knees

Quote Fran ()
Quote AgentM ()Looking forward to the 'chases' and more action. I'm hoping you'll be disappointed about that because action/chase scenes do nothing for me.

By 'chases' I don't mean running around like lunatics in cars or on foot - maybe it was the wrong choice of word - maybe 'pursuits' would be better suited. I like the thrill of the pursuit of criminals (that's one of the reasons I liked the Red John story arc). Chases don't always have to be physical.

As for action - again maybe it was the wrong word choice - I like decent, meaty plots that aren't always just about the characters. That's what I was referring to. In that sense, I hope I won't be disappointed.

Fran Date: Friday, 27-Jun-14, 11:57 PM | Message # 51
Fair Dinkum

Quote AgentM ()
I hope I won't be disappointed

I don't really want you to be disappointed, of course I hope we'll both be happy with Season 7 kiss

Fran Date: Saturday, 28-Jun-14, 1:26 AM | Message # 52
Fair Dinkum

Thread has been renamed to 'Season 7 Speculations & Expectations' and new SPOILER thread (reputable sources only) created here: http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/forum/32-202-1

Tina Date: Saturday, 28-Jun-14, 9:00 AM | Message # 53
Fair Dinkum

I don't have too much expectations, I just want to see a lot of Jane and I would love to see some more private moments. Learn a bit more about how he really feels and what he is doing when not working.
I don't think I will be disappointed because I trust in Bruno and the writers. They have done such wonderful 6 seasons with so many good episodes. So why should Season 7 not be so good. I'm just so happy we get to see more.
What I really hope is that we don't get a time jump. I want to go on where we ended, in that room at the airport.

bee Date: Saturday, 28-Jun-14, 9:22 AM | Message # 54
Fair Dinkum

I agree about the time jump Tina...I also want it to carry on where Season 6 ended. I also want to learn how Jane really felt after killing RJ...with the two year time jump we never got to see how he coped with that, especially as he was alone at the time. Bruno has said that the Red John story is now over so perhaps we'll never know the answers to a lot of unanswered questions but nevertheless this show, for me, has been like no other. Following Jane's journey has been both heartbreaking and wonderful at the same time and whatever Season 7 brings I know I'll not be disappointed with the outcome. Having said that my only disappointment will be that it has to end!! sad

sylvia5993 Date: Saturday, 28-Jun-14, 5:01 PM | Message # 55
Bee's Knees

Speculations to me is like planning a trip. You look at all the angles and possibilities. Plan for this or that to enjoy but then the fun is both in this and then the trip itself which may not always turn out as planned but a lot of fun also. Variables, time constraints and surprise events pop up to excite and exhilarate.

amanda Date: Saturday, 28-Jun-14, 8:11 PM | Message # 56
Cobber

Good idea Fran for the creation of this new thread.
Things will be clearest biggrin

June Date: Sunday, 29-Jun-14, 4:40 PM | Message # 57
Bee's Knees

Quote tinamarianne ()
I just want to see a lot of Jane and I would love to see some more private moments. Learn a bit more about how he really feels and what he is doing when not working.

Yes, it would be fantastic. You've made me think about that and I don't remember any private moment of Jane (not related with work) in six seasons. Do you?

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 29-Jun-14, 5:24 PM | Message # 58
Fair Dinkum

Not really, no, you're right.

I don't know if I'd want to see too many private moments. Yes, it could be interesting to have glimpses of his "new" life with Lisbon in it, but I'm really not interested to get mundane "Jane and Lisbon sharing eggs, bacon and tea in the morning in their kitchen" scene on my screen, if you see what I mean.
And I think writers should keep a certain aura of mystery around the character… Maybe show him going through his "healing" process, through the eyes of Lisbon and/or members of the team could be very interesting.

Tassie Date: Sunday, 29-Jun-14, 5:57 PM | Message # 59
Bee's Knees

I just want to see Jane happier and using that razor- sharp mind to solve intriguing cases. Don't want any more new members of staff, I think there are too many already. Also (please don't shoot me) I want Jane @ Lisbon to have their moment in the sun, and then realise that although they love each other deeply marriage would not work as they both want completely different things out of life. We could see them continue to work compatibly together but know that Jane will find someone to give him the family and home life he so desperately needs.

Hayseed Date: Sunday, 29-Jun-14, 7:52 PM | Message # 60
Bee's Knees

I'm a bit confused by that because it seems obvious Lisbon wants a life outside of work, judging from her relationship with Pike. How do you figure they want different things out of life?

I don't want Domestic!JaneandLIsbon to take over the show, but a few seconds now and then showing they have a committed relationship would make me happy.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz