Friday, 26-Apr-24, 7:33 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Season 7 Speculations & Expectations
Raven Date: Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 8:45 AM | Message # 31
Dinkie-Di

I don't know what to think about the new Agent. They already have a bunch of characters they need to develop. I for one want to see more of Cho, Abott and Wiley and of course the J/L development. This will mean much less time for them in the 13! (+) episodes.

Message edited by Raven - Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 3:18 PM

Fran Date: Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 9:16 AM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Evy. Possible love interest for Cho??

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 2:43 PM | Message # 33
Bee's Knees

I dunno, I kind of like that they are adding somebody new. Gives a potential for conflict (so we don't have the Jane/Lisbon conflict) and someone for Jane to rant about, if necessary. I'll keep an open mind.

Who knows, maybe Wiley will find her exotic and exciting...

Evy Date: Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 3:47 PM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

Another new character ? This is surprising. Fischer already not used much, I think... wink

Quote Fran ()
Possible love interest for Cho

He deserves it biggrin

Evy Date: Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 4:12 PM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

From breathecast.com - 19th June
With reservations : I don't know if this site is a serious one wink

‘The Mentalist’ Season 7 Release Date, Plot Spoilers: Chase Scenes Expected in New Season; Patrick and Teresa Romance Developing

http://www.breathecast.com/article....ce=t.co

The Mentalist executive producer Bruno Heller has not yet spoiled details of the upcoming season, but he promised fans that the next series of episodes are going to be action-packed chase scenes for Patrick Jane. With Simon Baker's character's confession to Teresa Lisbon, it is expected that Season 7 sees the development of their relationship.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Heller said that Season 7 is not about tracking Jane anymore. "It's much faster paced, more thrilling, more action, more surprises. We'll still be delivering those mysteries every week. But just as you see with the last episode of the season, there's no more tracking and more chasing," he explained.

Robin Tunney, who plays Lisbon, commented that the Season 6 finale opened up a world of new possibilities for Jane and her character. Considering that there is an existing love triangle between them and Agent Marcus, fans will be greatly anticipating just how these events will unfold in the next season.

"The Mentalist Season 6 finale is going to make a lot of people really happy, and I think it's going to make some people angry. I don't think anyone will feel in the middle of the road about it," Tunney told TV Line.

Karl Sonnenberg, who portrays CBI Karl, shared on social media that the production starts filming in August with the rest of the 13 episodes to be shown sometime in 2015.

Thanks to Hypnoweb for the information

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 4:12 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 5:15 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

CBS announces its 2014-15 primetime schedule
[...]
The returning series to be launched later in the season are three established hits: the comedy MIKE & MOLLY, starring Academy Award nominee Melissa McCarthy and Billy Gardell; the drama THE MENTALIST, starring Simon Baker; and the two-time Emmy Award-winning reality series UNDERCOVER BOSS.
[...]
“These eight new series and THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL add to the strength and stability of a Network that is returning 21 shows,” said Nina Tassler, Chairman, CBS Entertainment. “They will be part of an all-season, year-round strategy of original programming that starts in the summer with UNDER THE DOME and EXTANT, rolls into the fall with football and new series premieres, and extends into 2015 with the launch of more new and returning shows.”

http://www.wbtw.com/story....chedule

So apparently, TM is scheduled for january or later 2015…

Raven Date: Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 8:20 PM | Message # 37
Dinkie-Di

‘The Mentalist’ Season 7 Release Date, Plot Spoilers: Chase Scenes Expected in New Season; Patrick and Teresa Romance Developing

Evy the spoiler was actually one for the second half of season 6. One Site posted the "old" spoilers as new one for season 7 and every other site picked it up as well. Now they mix old with new spoilers. It's very confusing for a lot of people.

Message edited by Raven - Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 8:23 PM

Evy Date: Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 9:51 PM | Message # 38
Fair Dinkum

@Raven up
I had doubts. That's why I specified : With reservations : I don't know if this site is a serious one

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 25-Jun-14, 9:57 PM

Tina Date: Thursday, 26-Jun-14, 8:43 AM | Message # 39
Fair Dinkum

I'm not happy that they add another character to the main cast. This might be the last season, and possibly only 13 episodes. I want to see as much Jane as possible and don't waste time with other characters!

Fran Date: Thursday, 26-Jun-14, 9:21 AM | Message # 40
Fair Dinkum

Quote Raven ()
One Site posted the "old" spoilers as new one for season 7 and every other site picked it up as well. Now they mix old with new spoilers. It's very confusing for a lot of people.

I wouldn't be surprised if several of the useless sites are owned by the same person - they have a similar style and are full of misinformation. (More sites = more visitors = more money!)
I ignore them (e.g. Enstarz, KpopStarz, CarterMatt, Christian Today, The Christian Post, International Business Times, Breathe Cast, Ecumenical News, Venture Capital Post, The Inquisitr)

Quote tinamarianne ()
I want to see as much Jane as possible and don't waste time with other characters!

I agree yes , it's called The Mentalist for a reason!

bee Date: Thursday, 26-Jun-14, 10:43 AM | Message # 41
Fair Dinkum

It does seem a little bizarre to introduce a new regular character at this late stage, especially if there are only to be 13 episodes. It's a shame the writers "killed off" so many great characters last season. Personally I would love to have seen the return of LaRoche, Haffner or Stiles. They would have added more depth to Jane's story. We had "wall to wall" Fischer when she was first introduced, I believe to the detriment of the main characters, and I hope this doesn't happen with this new addition.

There's so little time left and for me The Mentalist has been solely about Patrick Jane's vengeance against RJ and how he has coped with life after the death of his family and the police procedural side of that story has only played a part in his recovery, albeit mostly through Lisbon's devotion and willingness to help him at whatever the cost to her career! Personally I therefore need to see Jane's journey come to a full and proper conclusion, not sidelined by new characters. Oh well, rant over...... sad

Message edited by bee - Thursday, 26-Jun-14, 10:44 AM

Raven Date: Thursday, 26-Jun-14, 12:40 PM | Message # 42
Dinkie-Di

Personally I would love to have seen the return of LaRoche, Haffner or Stiles

I agree. We still have Hightower and Minelli. I miss these two characters on the show. It was always fun to watch them.

AgentM Date: Thursday, 26-Jun-14, 12:53 PM | Message # 43
Bee's Knees

New character = possible love interest for Cho? I agree, this could be the reason, especially if she is so capable with weaponry. Remember we got a glimpse of how much Cho appreciates his firearms in the episode when he helped out the Gang Task Force. Depends how old she is really, as she's a new FBI recruit, she may be a bit young for him. Still, this is the world of television where anything can happen.

Personally, when Bruno said "there will still be the mystery of the week, but..." I admit I got a little twinge - I don't like 'buts' - usually means that something is going on the back burner. I know much of the focus will be on Jane - as it should, it is his story after all. Yes, we should see and make sure that he comes full circle and becomes a whole human being again. However, (lol - at least it's not 'but'! :lol:) as I've said before, I'll be a little miffed if it all becomes just about Jane and Lisbon's relationship. I know that is important to most of you, but for me, that should be the bit that is on the back burner. Looking forward to the 'chases' and more action. Seriously hope we don't get the 'oh no, Lisbon's tied to a railway line and there's a train approaching fast' type scenarios where Patrick has to save her or risk losing the love of his life again, or vice versa. That would be too cliché - and y'all know how I feel about clichés lol

I'm looking forward to it all - seems like an interminable wait though. Really want to know what impressive tricks the writers have got up their sleeves.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 26-Jun-14, 3:01 PM | Message # 44
Fair Dinkum

We should start a thread "Expectations about Season 7"!

What I'd hope / like to see in Season 7 is:
- As Agent M said, PJ becoming a whole human being again, ie stop hiding, lying ; him solving his self-hatred issues ; his mask falling down (considering that the insight we've had during the airplane scene as a start of the process)
- TL confide about her feelings, and trying to resolve her own issues (her relationship with men, trust etc) because frankly, she got loads of!!
- The two discovering their new/not so new relationship and the implicated changes. Could be fun!
- A lot of innuendos devil
- Ok, Some angst too (but usefull to the forementionned process of healing)
- The story of the fake "Blake Association List" resurface
- Good "cases of the week"

What I'd dislike to see:
- One of the two lovebirds kidnapped, hurt etc… (again as AgentM said, NO 'oh no, Lisbon's tied to a railway line and there's a train approaching fast' type scenarios)
- Sugary romance
- Jealousy things

bee Date: Thursday, 26-Jun-14, 5:00 PM | Message # 45
Fair Dinkum

I'd like to see answers to some of the questions still to be resolved which have been left unanswered (rather than the introduction of a new regular cast member). Just a few are.....

What actually was Stiles involvement with RJ? (he seemed to know a lot about him),
How did Kristina Frye become catatonic and is she still in that state? Was she involved with RJ too?
Will Erica Flynn get away with murder or will she eventually be caught again?
What did Bosco whisper to Jane on his deathbed?
How did McAllister, who at the end was just a weak and pathetic man, have such a hold over all his so-called minions that were willing to die for his cause?
Why is it that Lorelei couldn't find RJ's whereabouts if he was an acting Sheriff all the time?

I would also like to see a little more conflict between Jane and Abbott. Jane has never got on too well with former "bosses"...Minelli, Bertram, Haffner, Wainwright and in the beginning Hightower come to mind but he seems to have Abbott twisted around his little finger in a very short space of time!

Finally, to see Jane and Lisbon re-evaluate their lives. Jane to resolve the issue of the wearing of his wedding ring, learning to trust people, feeling worthy of love and to live a more freer life and Lisbon to resolve her commitment issues. But I'd also like to see the fun aspect of them becoming a couple too. If Season 7 is solely to be about "car chases" etc it will just become another cop show and The Mentalist is different from all the other crime procedurals because of its continuing storyline centred around Patrick Jane and I wouldn't want to see that disappear.

Whatever the outcome Season 7 will bring new challenges for Jane (and Simon) and that can only be good.

Message edited by bee - Thursday, 26-Jun-14, 5:11 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz