Saturday, 27-Apr-24, 3:55 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Season 7 Speculations & Expectations
kim Date: Tuesday, 05-Aug-14, 6:00 PM | Message # 76
Bee's Knees

Another rehash of the same "spoilers" for the new season. The added bonus are the typos!?! Spell check is a good thing, if only it would be used by more journalists. dry
http://www.kpopstarz.com/article....eek.htm

kim Date: Saturday, 09-Aug-14, 4:48 PM | Message # 77
Bee's Knees

Here are 2 links to new articles about season 7. Nothing new in either of them but it does confirm the order that we already know.
Which episode will Simon direct?
http://www.enstarz.com/article....deo.htm
http://www.breathecast.com/article....n-18471

kim Date: Tuesday, 12-Aug-14, 5:47 PM | Message # 78
Bee's Knees

A few pictures of season 7 filming with Cho and Garcelle Beauvais. I think this is from "gray bar hotel".
http://www.enstarz.com/article....deo.htm

redbird Date: Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 2:56 AM | Message # 79
Dinkie-Di

Both Bruno Heller and Simon Baker had said that we wouldn't hear anything more about Red John again in Season 6 after the Red John reveal. That was intentional. The rest of Season 6 was about what happens to this man once he's finally achieved the goal that has been driving his life for all of these years - what does he have in his life, who matters to him and what does he want for the rest of his life? It's very possible that some of the questions that many viewers want answers to will get answers in Season 7. There is no one that Jane is more likely to talk to about Red John than Lisbon but I've never seen that conversation happening in their workplace. Red John was personal for both of them - for Jane because of what Red John did to his family and for Lisbon because of what Red John did to Jane. I see that conversation happening in a more private, intimate setting and this new phase of their relationship is the perfect place for that conversation to happen.

I do think that Jane and Lisbon want the same thing out of life. They both want to be connected to someone. That doesn't have to mean a conventional relationship with marriage and children. Jane had a family and it was taken away from him. I don't see him wanting that same thing at this point in his life. Lisbon is a strong, self-sufficient woman who raised her 3 brothers. I don't see her wanting a conventional relationship either. At this point in their lives, maybe it's enough that they've chosen each other. I hope that that's what we see in Season 7.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 11:48 AM | Message # 80
Fair Dinkum

Quote redbird ()
That doesn't have to mean a conventional relationship with marriage and children. Jane had a family and it was taken away from him. I don't see him wanting that same thing at this point in his life. Lisbon is a strong, self-sufficient woman who raised her 3 brothers. I don't see her wanting a conventional relationship either.

I agree. I'd not like a marriage. I'd be disappointed if it happens.
Too conventional. And Jane is all but conventional.
Ok, he was married once… wich I always thought was a bit strange, seeing the world he came from. But of course his ring was a necessity to the storyline, because it's a powerful symbol.
Now he is about turning a leave in his life, why doing the same thing again? Why not simply enjoy being a "free" couple with the woman he loves?

CBS has updated the TM page on their site. It says “Now that Lisbon and Jane have confessed their love for one another, they must find a way to be partners in both their professional and personal lives.”
We'll have to wait for what the creators have in store for us, but please, no soppy mariage scene.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 12:06 PM

bee Date: Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 4:10 PM | Message # 81
Fair Dinkum

Personally I think that marriage would cement their relationship! I know a marriage certificate is just a piece of paper but it would finally prove to Lisbon that Jane's feelings for her were real and unwavering and that he would not "run away" from her again. She was ready to marry Pike (although for all the wrong reasons) so the idea of marriage isn't unthinkable for her!

Also, Lisbon is of a good catholic upbringing and I don't think it would sit right with her simply living with someone especially if children became involved and I think Jane would love to have another child (even if it meant adopting)! It wouldn't take anything away from Charlotte's memory but as we have seen in the past Jane has such an affinity with children I believe it would be a shame if he never had another child. Of course that could be in the future and we may never see that but I personally like the idea of their relationship going to that level at some point. Call me a hopeless romantic...that's just me! tongue

redbird Date: Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 5:43 PM | Message # 82
Dinkie-Di

Lisbon wasn't ready to marry Pike. She was horrified when he proposed to her and she only agreed to marry him after Jane had made her so angry at the Blue Bird Lodge. I really don't think that Lisbon needs marriage to cement a relationship with a man. She needs to know that she's loved and cherished and supported. If she had any doubts about the sincerity of Jane's feelings for her, she wouldn't have gotten off of the airplane to give a relationship with Jane a chance. A relationship with Jane may be a bit more difficult than with another man because of how damaged he is but I'm hoping that getting past the hurdle of actually feeling love again and admitting that he is in love will allow Jane to blossom as a man and a human being. We know Jane as a tragic, damaged person but I think at the core of his being he's a warm, caring and generous man who is capable of deep and unwavering love. In his matchmaking video back in S3 E19-Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Jane said that he wants a woman who knows the worst side of him and still loves him - he had that with his wife and now he has it again with Lisbon. Despite the tragedy in his life, he is a very lucky man ................

Something that I'll be watching for in Season 7: Lisbon has never referred to Jane as Patrick. He uses her first name - more frequently, I noticed, in the last half of Season 6 - but she never uses his first name. Jane is her partner. Patrick is the man that she loves. Will we hear her refer to him as Patrick going forward?

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 6:41 PM | Message # 83
Fair Dinkum

Again, I agree with you redbird (I'm sorry dear Bee for I don't see things your way! happy )

Love and love stories can be romantic ; Marriage is not.
Marriage is a contract, or a strong symbol if you are practicing a religion that consider it as the foundation of family. But marriage doesn't protect you fom treason and insecurity, nor doesn't prevent your partner from runnig away.

I think whatever is between Lisbon and Jane, it is far beyond the concept of marriage… It's a strong bond that doesn't need a signature on a paper.
Wait… maybe I'm a romantic too!

As for the "Patrick" thing, she's been used for sooo long to call him Jane, it would be hard to change to Patrick. Jane has called her Teresa a few times, and I like it when he does. But it's always in special situations.

bee Date: Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 7:37 PM | Message # 84
Fair Dinkum

It's good to have differing opinions, makes life more interesting and gives cause for debate (always a good sign in a programme). We'll have to wait and see what the writers have in store for us. As you say DS Pallas Jane and Lisbon have a strong bond. Their friendship/relationship has overcome more difficulties than we can ever imagine and at the end of the day their happiness together is all that really matters, married or not. I have to add though that I think Lisbon was a little envious when Rigsby proposed to Grace and she also said that she envied her brother Tommy and his daughter Annie in "Where in the World is Carmine O'Brien". Over to the writers.........

Message edited by bee - Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 8:37 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 8:38 PM | Message # 85
Fair Dinkum

Quote bee ()
It's good to have differing opinions, makes life more interesting and gives cause for debate (always a good sign in a programme).

Oh my!! do you realise we are debating over people who don't even exist?? surprised
tongue

bunnyt Date: Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 9:25 PM | Message # 86
Jillaroo

Ahahah yes it's really strange!!:-)!!

redbird Date: Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 9:38 PM | Message # 87
Dinkie-Di

The goal of just about any television show is to get you to invest in the characters. We know that they aren't real people but they are characters that we invest in and invite into our homes every week. The Mentalist has done that better than most shows on television. You can't watch Patrick Jane for 6 seasons and not care about him. We wanted him to find Red John and now that that's done, we want him to have a happy life. As of the finale to Season 6, that happy life will include a romantic relationship with Lisbon. All we're doing is speculating on what that relationship will look like.

I must admit that until the finale to Season 4 I never saw Jane and Lisbon as anything more than true friends but, for me, their relationship shifted into something more in that episode. I had known for a long time that Lisbon was in love with Jane but I really didn't see Jane being in love with Lisbon. Something changed in the Season 4 finale as they were sitting there on the side of that dirt road holding hands. At that moment I realized that these 2 people loved each other. The timing wasn't right and it wouldn't ever be right until Jane had found and killed Red John but the love that they had for each other was there.

kim Date: Thursday, 04-Sep-14, 2:11 AM | Message # 88
Bee's Knees

I'm with Bee on this marriage business. I want to see them married both for the production of it and for the symbolic commitment in the show. I hope that Lisbon makes some remark about not being tall or blond or a snoring reference. That would be fun. I was also thinking about the children question. I would love to see Lisbon pregnant and the way that jane would treat her and change around her. But I think that might be too close to The Guardian for the writers to go there. Bummer really, because Lisbon treats Patrick way better than Lulu ever treated Nick. Well whatever the writers have in store for us, it should be good. I don't want a lot of Lisbon/ Jane fighting stuff though, even for dramatic tension. We only have a few episodes left and I don't want it wasted.

redbird Date: Thursday, 04-Sep-14, 2:22 AM | Message # 89
Dinkie-Di

Don't get me wrong - I'm not against Jane and Lisbon getting married. If the writers can come with a way to do it well, I'm all for it. I just don't think that marriage is the only satisfying ending to the Jane and Lisbon story. I hope that Season 7 allows us to see these 2 people build a life together - whatever that life looks like.

And I'm with you, Kim ............ I don't want to see any of Season 7 wasted.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 04-Sep-14, 3:01 PM | Message # 90
Fair Dinkum

Quote redbird ()
We only have a few episodes left and I don't want it wasted.

Agree. Too many time wasted on the second part of S6 (like with the dead end storyline of a potential love triangle between Jane/Fisher/Lisbon)… and the somewhat rushed/sloppy story arc with Pike.
So if there is indeed a marriage (did I say I was not very keen on it? smile ), make it the opportunity for a great dialogue between Kane and Lisbon, writers! An intense moment where the characters come unguarded and pour their heart out. Jane & Lisbon are so secretive! We deserve to watch them talk heart to heart. yes

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 Speculations & Expectations (may contain valid and invalid spoilers)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz