Friday, 26-Apr-24, 1:55 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Who is the real Red John?
Who is the real Red John?
Who is the real Red John?
1. A member of the main CBI Team (e.g. Van Pelt, Cho etc) [ 4 ] [7.41%]
2. A recurring or guest character (e.g. Bertram, Laroche, Stiles, Partridge etc) [ 31 ] [57.41%]
3. A background character (e.g. CBI Ron, CBI Karl etc) [ 10 ] [18.52%]
4. Someone we haven't seen yet [ 9 ] [16.67%]
Answers total: 54
AgentM Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 9:01 PM | Message # 16
Bee's Knees

And another clue was in the ep when Kristina Frye was returned - when they found her she was sitting on a chair illuminated by a forensic spotlight, plus there was the brush on the chair - definitely a clue - I figured it was the kind CSIs use to dust away soil from bodies that are buried. Brett Partridge would have access to both tho' I'm not completley convinced that he would accidentally leave such evidence behind - a deliberate choice?

Sometimes I get so caught up in it!!! There have been times when I've wanted access to the RJ files that Jane had copies of - then I have to remind myself that it is in fact a TV show and not real!! LOL. tongue

Quote (RRyan)
how he explained the detail of how the RJ smiley was drawn... with the three fingers of the right hand, etc. Too much detail.

I totally agree! and how did he know RJ wore a 'rubber kitchen glove' ? Not to mention the fact that his first words are 'Red John enters here'! Introducing himself with an actual stage direction! Clever, clever Bruno! biggrin cool

RRyan Date: Friday, 18-May-12, 4:32 PM | Message # 17
Blow-In

Good catch on the brush in the Kristina Frye episode! cool

AgentM Date: Friday, 18-May-12, 7:43 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

I thank you...and for my next trick.... lol! tongue

Ps Whooo! Now I'm waxing Simon's surfboard!! Ohhhh yeahhhh! biggrin

Message edited by AgentM - Friday, 18-May-12, 7:44 PM

lqnt Date: Wednesday, 06-Jun-12, 8:00 PM | Message # 19
Ankle Biter

I was just seeing photos from Margin Call NY Premiere and started thinking about Paul Bettany as RJ in this pic...with his three piece suit, a cup of tea in his hand and even the handkerchief is perfect, haha. I know it's not possible, but he would do a great job with that character: he's very talented and can portray dark characters convincingly.

http://i.imgur.com/yQB5G.jpg

Message edited by lqnt - Wednesday, 06-Jun-12, 8:07 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 06-Jun-12, 10:43 PM | Message # 20
Bee's Knees

The creepy forensics guy would be a good choice bet he doesn't seem to have the brains behind the whole RJ organization, but he could be a minion. I still think Brett Styles is behind all this, he knows far too much and although he seems too good for the part, Bruno is very cagey and only tells us we've seen him before so it's someone associated with either the CBI and Visualize and who is manipulated by Styles to some extent, we know it's more than one person and maybe Patrick by killing Carter really killed the person sent by RJ to kill his family.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 06-Jun-12, 11:45 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

lqnt - as you say an impossible idea, but I like it! Paul would be a great Red John, and imagine the fun that he and Simon would have together biggrin

sylvia - I agree, I don't think the forensics guy is clever enough, or charismatic enough to be Red John.

lenacr Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-12, 0:58 AM | Message # 22
Dinkie-Di

I see that many believe Brett Stiles to be Red John. Personally, I think too that he is an obvious character for this role; so much that I do not (want to) believe that it is he. I prefer to believe that Stiles is just another con-man running successfully a religious organization.

I agree with Fran and Sylvia that it is not the Forensics guy; also I would find this choice too boring.

Here is a more devious theory: Red John is Jane's brother-in-law. He has the right voice, height, hair (straight, according to the blind woman, if she is telling the truth), right age. He is a successful con-man, influential to women (some very rich). He was dependent on his sister and got lost since she married Jane and left the carnie. Maybe antagonistic to Jane and angry with his sister for abandoning him.
Problems: - Would he go as far as to kill his own sister and niece, when provoked? Is that within the realm of psychopathy and serial killing?
- Recently, the Red John character seems to emerge as someone rich, and more organized and maybe more sinister than the common serial killer:
which points back to Stiles or maybe someone like the rich guy - Marshman(?) - with whom Lisbon slept (though he is too tall, I understand).

bee Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-12, 9:32 AM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

I don't think it can be Jane's brother-in-law simply for the fact that RJ was killing people long before Jane came on the scene and gave that fateful interview on TV. I also don't think it is the forensics guy either. I think he just delights in the gruesome side of his job. My favourite at the moment is Brett Stiles. I know it's too obvious but who else has such a following. His "cult" if that's what you would call it. all seem to be "brainwashed" and give off the idea that they would be willing to die for "the cause". Much the same as RJ's followers. Bruno says that we have seen RJ previously so it's someone we know. This is what makes TM so fascinating..it really could be anyone....only Bruno knows.....

Nixenkind Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-12, 9:40 AM | Message # 24
Jillaroo

I just hope it's not Jane- or another member of the core cast. Otherwise, I'm fine...

AgentM Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-12, 9:50 AM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

LOL...maybe it's Bruno....has anyone checked to see if he's pulling a Hitchcock and appearing somewhere in the background!?! tongue

lenacr Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-12, 10:23 AM | Message # 26
Dinkie-Di

To Bee: Oh no, misunderstanding! Red John is a serial killer, i.e. has killed many in a certain kind of way, etc. In a theory that claims that the brother-in-law is Red John, he indeed has killed many as well as his sister and niece.
But I have to agree with you and other fans here that Brett Stiles fits best what we know so far.

To AgentM: Bruno ... Good one!

June Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-12, 12:23 PM | Message # 27
Bee's Knees

Bruno is a kind of serial killer because of the way he plays with our minds, he has a dark side too. AgentM, he appeared in "Red Moon", in the background, eating a hamburguer in the sheriff office.

Fran Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-12, 12:23 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

I was convinced that Bruno was in the background of a scene in 'Red Moon' (sitting at a desk in the police station) - I decided in the end that it wasn't him, but I still have lingering doubts biggrin

Ah June, have just seen your comment, so you spotted him too - are you sure it was him??

Fran Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-12, 12:57 PM | Message # 29
Fair Dinkum

I can't find a really good picture, this is the best I can do, and actually I now think the last photo definitely looks like Bruno:

AgentM Date: Thursday, 07-Jun-12, 3:41 PM | Message # 30
Bee's Knees

OMG! I think we may be onto something here! biggrin lol

I'm off to check out all the Red John based episodes again in search of Bruno!!!! suspect

Message edited by AgentM - Thursday, 07-Jun-12, 3:44 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Who is the real Red John?
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz