Friday, 26-Apr-24, 8:07 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Who is the real Red John?
Who is the real Red John?
Who is the real Red John?
1. A member of the main CBI Team (e.g. Van Pelt, Cho etc) [ 4 ] [7.41%]
2. A recurring or guest character (e.g. Bertram, Laroche, Stiles, Partridge etc) [ 31 ] [57.41%]
3. A background character (e.g. CBI Ron, CBI Karl etc) [ 10 ] [18.52%]
4. Someone we haven't seen yet [ 9 ] [16.67%]
Answers total: 54
Geni Date: Friday, 08-Jun-12, 0:48 AM | Message # 31
Ankle Biter

My bet is on Walter Mashburn.

Think about it. He fits the bill: money and connections, thrill-seeker, loves to play games as much as Jane does, cunning, intelligent and more than enough charm to attract all those followers. Plus he seems to have some sort of admiration for Jane and seduced Lisbon. I can see Water sending Lorelei to Jane, don't you? On top of that Uri's wife let on that Walter was not always the bon vivant he appears to be .... (he was hurt etc.).

I also have a theory that Jane's mother is connected to the whole thing somehow...that's my conspiracy theory wacko biggrin

Maybe Jane and Walter are brothers or something!? surprised

Message edited by Geni - Friday, 08-Jun-12, 0:51 AM

June Date: Friday, 08-Jun-12, 4:48 PM | Message # 32
Bee's Knees

Yes Fran, I'm sure that is Bruno. The picture is pretty clear, besides I remember to hear or read it somewhere. I'm going to search where it could be.

Tina Date: Friday, 08-Jun-12, 5:33 PM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

Amazing, good eye! I don't get things like that, but this sure looks like Bruno!

Tina

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Thursday, 14-Jun-12, 8:19 PM | Message # 34
True Blue

Just a thought: did anyone else think about Rosalind Harker as Red John?

sylvia5993 Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 3:22 AM | Message # 35
Bee's Knees

I was just thinking that a strange possibility is that Patrick had a twin brother who went perhaps with their mom when she left and is now ruining Patrick's life, perhaps a bit jealous of his abilities and perfect recall along with charm. We know that he is bat crap crazy but also eerily smart, sort of a professor Moriarty clone, and probably using Visualize to gain followers and status. Just a thought.

justlook3 Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 5:53 AM | Message # 36
Bee's Knees

I have long thought that Bruno Heller was Red John! [cackles evilly] Now we have proof!!

lenacr Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 9:22 AM | Message # 37
Dinkie-Di

To Sylvia: I love your imagination and I'd really love to see the story evolving to involve Jane's mother and another relative - brother or sister. Christina Frye looks very much like Jane in appearance and character. (Actually I saw the actress in another series, I don't remember which, and she looked different; it seems that she was made to look like Jane - e.g. blond locks - especially for TM)

AgentM Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 2:11 PM | Message # 38
Bee's Knees

Just watched 'Code Red' again and mused about Dean Harkin - the guy from the CDCA - as RJ. Jane admits the guy 'irks' him; Lisbon points out that the CDCA have lots of resources and money and Harkin himself says he has 'friends at the FBI' --- just thought I'd throw him into the increasing pile of suspects that we've already seen!!! He hasn't, however, changed my theory of who RJ is. wink

sylvia5993 Date: Sunday, 17-Jun-12, 5:15 PM | Message # 39
Bee's Knees

Simon has mentioned previously that they might be shooting an episode in France. It would be gratifying to see my reasonings on Patrick's mom living in France (possibly now a famous actress) and having the evil twin brother who returned home to a life of bloody deeds. I do have a fiendish imagination and salivate at the thought that we have a Patrick clone out there.

Geni Date: Monday, 18-Jun-12, 2:53 AM | Message # 40
Ankle Biter

I was just thinking that a strange possibility is that Patrick had a twin brother who went perhaps with their mom when she left and is now ruining Patrick's life (sylvia5993)

We're on the same page sylvia5993! We don't know anything about Jane's mother (what happened to her?) and we don't know what happened to Alex Jane (is he dead? Where on earth is he?). William Blake's poem big question is who created the tiger? Could it be the same being who created the Lamb? surprised I may be reading too much into it ... but this guessing game is good fun! biggrin

We tend to thing RJ is a man as his disciples refer to RJ as him "he's a good man"...there was that incomplete phase written in blood "he is ma" ..but it could very well be a red herring...

AgentM Date: Monday, 18-Jun-12, 8:27 AM | Message # 41
Bee's Knees

Quote (Geni)
William Blake's poem big question is who created the tiger? Could it be the same being who created the Lamb?

You know what? I need to apologise to sylvia5993 --- when I first read your idea about an evil twin, I laughed because I thought it was so totally unrealistic, so I give you my sincere apologies --- BUT... Geni has got me thinking now! It is a very good point about the Blake poem...'interesting', as Jane might say. However, Bruno says it's someone we've seen before and we haven't even seen a photo of Jane's mom.

I don't know, my brain hurts! But exploring all of these different avenues is great fun! Thanks for giving me something else to obsessively investigate! lol. cool

Fran Date: Monday, 18-Jun-12, 12:15 PM | Message # 42
Fair Dinkum

Ooh yes, very interesting thought about Blake's poem - I'm also starting to quite like the idea of Patrick having an unknown brother/twin.

bee Date: Monday, 18-Jun-12, 2:06 PM | Message # 43
Fair Dinkum

I also like the idea of an unknown evil brother/twin, but I keep remembering what Bruno said...we have already seen RJ. Also I seem to remember in an interview (quite a while ago, I can't remember when) that he said he had no plans concerning Jane's mother or to even bring back Jane's father. But who really knows, Bruno can be quite misleading in what he says as we've seen in the past. With (hopefully) two more seasons anything can happen especially now that new writers have been taken on board.

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 18-Jun-12, 5:42 PM | Message # 44
Bee's Knees

To AgentM. this was just another fantasy out of my fickle imagination, and whenBruno says we might have seen him (not his mom) maybe he meant Jane himself since often time a twin can bear uncanny resemblance, or maybe we have seen him in the background. I like how Patrick often looks around pensively when he gets into a car. Could he be looking for RJ. Simon has adopted the many twitches of an obsessed mind that it is sometimes hard to tell if it is acting or just that, a twitch. I guess we still have a few months to capitalize on our own travails, lets.

AgentM Date: Monday, 18-Jun-12, 8:37 PM | Message # 45
Bee's Knees

Hmmmm! [she rubs her her thumb along the inside of her middle and ring fingers - just like Jane does when he's thinking something over!] It is most intriguing. I'm starting to like how your mind works sylvia . biggrin We do see a lot of Jane in the mirror in the interview room - maybe the reflection is what Bruno's talking about! lol. x I think Simon is as obsessed as we are to figure out the character ---- if only he was one of us, here on Fran's site, feeding us little clues ---- now there's a thought that will fester!! tongue

Message edited by AgentM - Monday, 18-Jun-12, 8:37 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Who is the real Red John?
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz