Saturday, 04-May-24, 2:10 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Who is the real Red John?
Who is the real Red John?
Who is the real Red John?
1. A member of the main CBI Team (e.g. Van Pelt, Cho etc) [ 4 ] [7.41%]
2. A recurring or guest character (e.g. Bertram, Laroche, Stiles, Partridge etc) [ 31 ] [57.41%]
3. A background character (e.g. CBI Ron, CBI Karl etc) [ 10 ] [18.52%]
4. Someone we haven't seen yet [ 9 ] [16.67%]
Answers total: 54
AgentM Date: Saturday, 30-Jun-12, 2:50 PM | Message # 61
Bee's Knees

Yeah --- Occum's Razor certainly fits with the fact that Partridge's first line in the Pilot is "Red John enters here" !!!! tongue Could be as simple as him introducing himself right from the very start!

Message edited by AgentM - Sunday, 01-Jul-12, 8:46 PM

kabuky Date: Sunday, 01-Jul-12, 7:21 PM | Message # 62
Surfie

OKay - I HAVE to go watch the pilot again for the Partridge character; i have NO CLUE who he is cry My first thought with the hint from Heller was Morgue - someone attached to the coroner's office.

So...Bruno has told Simon who red john is (or Simon figured it out - smart guy that he is and his attention to detail). Personally, I don't want to know until the series unveils him; I never read the last page of a novel either until I have read the book as it spoils the story.....

I'd make a lousy detective....

AgentM Date: Sunday, 01-Jul-12, 8:55 PM | Message # 63
Bee's Knees

Quote (kabuky)
I'd make a lousy detective....

Don't sell yourself short, kabuky! biggrin

As for Partridge - his name isn't actually given in the show but he's the guy who leads the team through the crime scene and re-enacts the bashing in of the heads with a golf club. Jane insults him and comes out with the classic line "If you don't get horny reading fangoria, I'm Britney Spears" lol

lenacr Date: Saturday, 07-Jul-12, 12:23 PM | Message # 64
Dinkie-Di

Just a random thought here, especially those who believe strongly in Partridge being RJ.

In TM, we find two possibles for RJ/disciple with the name of Brett - Brett Partridge and Brett Stiles.
Is this a coincidence?
Is Brett a common name in USA, Ireland, etc? After all, it's not Paul, David, etc.
Or is there a clue there somehow? (like maybe John vs Jane).
Apparently, Brett comes from 'a Breton ... an inhabitant of Brittany' (Wikipedia)

I don't have an answer, just a query. Maybe others are also intrigued, though.

AgentM Date: Saturday, 07-Jul-12, 3:02 PM | Message # 65
Bee's Knees

In my crazy little mind I linked the two with maybe the possibility of Brett Partridge being related to Bret Stiles - maybe his son?? Haven't decided whether or not Partridge knows this yet but think that Stiles would because he told Jane that he knew more about Red John than either Jane or RJ knew about.

It might point towards all the connections between Visualize and RJ --- maybe Partridge used to be a follower, perhaps the child of one of the female devotees that Stiles has as one of his no doubt many 'wives'??

It's a scary place inside my head sometimes,,,,but sometimes I do make sense! cool

As for whether Brett is a common name in the US - I don't know, it's more common there than it is here in the UK.

lenacr Date: Saturday, 07-Jul-12, 7:27 PM | Message # 66
Dinkie-Di

Thanks AgentM!
I am all for 'alternative' theories.
Your story is capable of arousing my interest re: Brett Partridge being RJ/disciple! Because up to now I used to think of Partridge more as just a boring creep, a 'ghoul' (I hope you understand what I mean).
We'll see what Bruno Heller has in store for us.

AgentM Date: Sunday, 08-Jul-12, 3:19 PM | Message # 67
Bee's Knees

You're welcome, lenacr! biggrin And yes, I know what you mean wink

I'm just thankful that Bruno has the power to make his viewers take an active role in the show, too many tv shows rely on viewers being passive. I love that The Mentalist makes me think and cogitate!

AgentM Date: Saturday, 14-Jul-12, 7:53 PM | Message # 68
Bee's Knees

Quote (AgentM)
It might point towards all the connections between Visualize and RJ --- maybe Partridge used to be a follower, perhaps the child of one of the female devotees that Stiles has as one of his no doubt many 'wives'??

Just thinking about the evil brother scenario --- maybe Jane and Partridge are biologically related? Maybe Stiles is Jane's biological father, that Jane doesn't know about. Bruno said that Blake's poem The Lamb would be playing a part in the series - it repeats the question 'Does thou know who made thee?' - Could Jane's parentage be called into question? It fits with the idea that Stiles is a 'God-like' guru - a 'creator' if you will. Also explains why they have such an intriguing chemistry - why Stiles likes Jane's "vim" and why he is able to get under Jane's skin a little bit. Also why Jane seems to like (if that's the right word) Stiles. They are very similar in a lot of ways.

Jane is perhaps the lamb, whilst Partridge is the tiger - both from the same creator. Just a thought - what do you think?

Have also noticed that in the season 3 episode 1 ('Red Sky at Night') Jane was reading Blake's 'The Divine Image' which deals with the idea that God has a human form (Stiles?) Have spent ages trying to figure it into the jigsaw and now it could possibly be starting to make sense. What do ya'll think? unsure

teresalisbon1 Date: Tuesday, 24-Jul-12, 0:43 AM | Message # 69
Blow-In

I always tought that Red John could be Brett Partridge smile
I know that William Blake did an oil painting called "A Brace of Partridge". Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I've always found this interesting wink

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Tuesday, 24-Jul-12, 10:08 PM | Message # 70
True Blue

Quote (teresalisbon1)
I always tought that Red John could be Brett Partridge smile
I know that William Blake did an oil painting called "A Brace of Partridge". Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I've always found this interesting wink

Personally I never thought of Bret Patridge as RJ because I thought it would be too obvious.
And, I don´t know, he is so....irksome!
But this is really an interesting correlation. Worth finding out more about the William Blake quotes - as earlier I said I would do but I haven´t yet, but I keep it rolling, promised!

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 25-Jul-12, 1:59 PM | Message # 71
Bee's Knees

Quote (beautyfulbabyboy)
Personally I never thought of Bret Patridge as RJ because I thought it would be too obvious

I know what you mean, beautifulbabyboy. I've had my doubts, occasionally...but then I keep coming back to Occum's Razor - and I think Lisbon once said, "Sometimes the obvious guy did it." And I can't argue with her!

I have to say I am intrigued by the Blake connections. unsure Need to do more research. book

Message edited by AgentM - Wednesday, 25-Jul-12, 2:00 PM

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Thursday, 23-Aug-12, 7:48 PM | Message # 72
True Blue

Bruno Heller in his latest interview: "I can neither confirm nor deny who plays Red John in the voice parts,” Heller says, sounding amused. "It does sound a bit like Baker, doesn’t it?”

Yes, it does!!!
We realized that, but did we ever think about Jane´s father as RJ?
In the flashbacks we got to "know" him he was challenging his son - perhaps this RJ-thing is another challenge his father made up for his son since he left the business? Just to have his son around somehow?
Just a thought.

Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Thursday, 23-Aug-12, 7:49 PM

justlook3 Date: Thursday, 23-Aug-12, 8:05 PM | Message # 73
Bee's Knees

Pretty sure that if Simon Baker did record the voice, that it's all a (pardon the pun) red herring. We all know that Mr. Heller enjoys messing with the fans. I bet (god willing and the creek don't rise) that when the answer is revealed, we'll all go back and see all of the little twists, turns, macguffins and teases that he's worked in that we didn't even give significance to the first time around.

AgentM Date: Thursday, 23-Aug-12, 9:09 PM | Message # 74
Bee's Knees

Yeah,I agree, justlook3...we'll probably all be rewatching and slapping our foreheads shouting Doh! facepalm

With regards to SB doing the voice in the S4 finale...I really do believe it was him (so many cadences in his voice are the same). I've said it all along and now that Bruno has mentioned it, I'm convinced even more cos' I think he likes to drop clues in in his jokey manner - 'many a truth is spoken in jest' but I don't think he wants us to think that PJ is RJ. I think he has just been mixing it up a little to try and fool us all. Ooooh I so can't wait for the season to start! hands

Not sure about Jane snr being the guy we saw in 'Throwing Fire' ---- There is still a possibility that Bret Stiles is Jane's biological father (I'm really warming to the idea of Jane being Bret Partridge's brother and Stiles being the 'creator' of the 'tiger' and the 'lamb'!!) surprised

Message edited by AgentM - Thursday, 23-Aug-12, 9:12 PM

kabuky Date: Sunday, 23-Dec-12, 9:44 PM | Message # 75
Surfie

NOticed this thread seemed to be dropped for awhile. BUT with the new clues, maybe time to resurrect. Has anyone gone back to listen to the blind woman's clues lately in relation to the new clue - a) RJ is male (that had always been a question for me) b) RJ shook hands with Jane (I am not surprised with this one). If he shook hands with RJ, Partridge is out. Jane made it clear he hates Patridge and no hand shakes there (Or did I miss one?).

Kirkland is out - he never shook hands with Jane..."who is that guy?" asks Jane when in the car after his accident in Red Sails.

Message edited by kabuky - Sunday, 23-Dec-12, 10:19 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Who is the real Red John?
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz