Saturday, 04-May-24, 8:30 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Who is the real Red John?
Who is the real Red John?
Who is the real Red John?
1. A member of the main CBI Team (e.g. Van Pelt, Cho etc) [ 4 ] [7.41%]
2. A recurring or guest character (e.g. Bertram, Laroche, Stiles, Partridge etc) [ 31 ] [57.41%]
3. A background character (e.g. CBI Ron, CBI Karl etc) [ 10 ] [18.52%]
4. Someone we haven't seen yet [ 9 ] [16.67%]
Answers total: 54
kul65 Date: Monday, 24-Dec-12, 2:38 AM | Message # 76
Cobber

Brittish? Watch next episode before making up your mind about Partridge.

Also, Kirkland shook Jane's hand in 5x07, but Lorelei couldn't have known about that.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 24-Dec-12, 2:25 PM | Message # 77
Bee's Knees

Recently I was sent this article suggesting Max Winter as RJ.

http://thementalist.wikia.com/wiki....ohn_%3F

It is a bit heavy going, but the writer has certainly put some thought into it!!

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 24-Dec-12, 5:33 PM | Message # 78
Fair Dinkum

(Mossibecca)
Recently I was sent this article suggesting Max Winter as RJ.

http://thementalist.wikia.com/wiki....ohn_%3F

Very interesting blog, didn't know it, thanks Mossibecca.

I wonder when Red John has started to sign his crimes with the boloodey smiley. Have we any indications on that? Because, it's obvious that the smiley has 2 striking similarities with Patrick Jane: the smile, and of most of all, the droopy eyelids. So maybe Patrick Jane was known and followed by Red John years before his fatal appearance on the TV show, and already marked by the serial killer as a potential follower.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Monday, 24-Dec-12, 5:35 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 24-Dec-12, 6:28 PM | Message # 79
Bee's Knees

On the Pilot episode Patrick mentioned that he was helping the police find RJ and that's when he made the fatal mistake of describing his "vision" of the man which led to the murder of his wife and child, thus the guilt and breakdown. So his playing Sherlock means there is a Moriarty. Now that we know that he has met the man and shook his hand, we can go back to the beginning and like Patrick, make a list. I'm sure it wont be the obvious, but Bruno did say that we have seen him so it isn't off site.

pip Date: Saturday, 29-Dec-12, 10:42 PM | Message # 80
Cobber

confused My brain hurts trying to figure out all the people jane has shaken hands with never mind which one is Red John! I'm going to be the one who screams "Why didn't I see that?" at the tv when all is revealed.

sylvia5993 Date: Saturday, 29-Dec-12, 10:44 PM | Message # 81
Bee's Knees

In season 3, The episode where Mashburn ends up seducing Lisbon, there is a charactor named Markum Shankar, who although has a slight brit. accent, could be RJ. He is rich, prefers anonymity, is the right size and hair colour and was seen shaking Patrick's hand.
Mashburn says of him that he is ruthless in bsiness, would hire killers if they were needed and was quiite charming.
Anyone care to name someone we have seen before and could be RJ?

AgentM Date: Sunday, 30-Dec-12, 10:29 PM | Message # 82
Bee's Knees

Well if you check out Jane's list in his little book, there are many names listed but only a few of them in capital letters. Could be another of Bruno's red herrings but could also be the next list of suspects (like the one we had when trying to find RJ's accomplice in the CBI).

We only got a brief glimpse, but hey, that's what the pause button is for right?

The list (with Jane's notes) is as follows:

Brett Partridge - Forensics Dept.
Ellis Mars - Psychic (Todd Johnson investigation) / bumbling (couldn't read the next word)
Dean Harkin - agent @ CDCA Bio-Tech facility / Red hair
Jason Cooper - 2nd in command @ Visualise / Stiles coup
Walter Mashburn - Playboy/ unlimited money / intrigued by murder
Dr Linus Wagner - early case/ in prison/ copycat RJ
Virgil Minelli - old CBI boss - retired
Vint Molinari - CBI missing persons / search for Kristina F / no progress
Dr Towlen Morning - family doctor / deceased ? /early RJ victim
Oswaldo Ardiles - DA's office / road block

As for connections, I'm still puzzling it over -- Harkin did say he had friends in the FBI and had access to lots of resources, Mars is the 'red' planet! , I think Ardiles is one of Bruno's little jokes (he's from London - Football fans will know Ossy Ardiles used to be a goalkeeper for Tottenham Hotspur!)

I don't think it's Mashburn because (to use Jane's logic) Lorelai said it was a wonder they hadn't become friends and I think he and Walter did have some kind of 'friendship' in a way - They certainly got along well. I think it's interesting that he's thrown up the question as to whether or not Towlen Morning is actually dead.
Still feel strongly about Partridge though ( and am intrigued by the statement by kul65 about the 'next episode'!!!) I doubt it is Minelli, though I can't offer any particular reasons why - just my gut instinct.

Will need to look into and think more about Cooper and Molinari - am sure I heard a religious connection to Molinari recently (can anyone help here?)

What do the rest of you think?

BTW - Merry Christmas to y'all! Been away for a long time now but hopefully I'm back ( and God bless channel 5* for their amazingly magical mentalist Christmas pressie of back to back episodes every night!!! Got my wish to spend Christmas with Mr Baker! tongue )

Message edited by AgentM - Sunday, 30-Dec-12, 10:30 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 01-Jan-13, 9:26 PM | Message # 83
Bee's Knees

Remember that Bruno has given a few clues and I don't think that the list in Jane's little book is revealing since that would be too obvious. We've seen him before, he shook hands with Jane and he likes the cold. This might be a ploy to get us to revisit all 5 seasons to get a better fix on these clues.

AgentM Date: Monday, 07-Jan-13, 8:57 PM | Message # 84
Bee's Knees

Okay, so I'm going to throw another name into the mix for the suspect pile --

What do we think about ... Ray Haffner? ( the agent who took charge of the unit when Lisbon was suspended after Jane killed Timothy Carter.

Reasons:

He fits the description from Rosalind Harker ( not sure of actual height but he's not that much taller than Jane)
He was known for his surveillance skills. PJ says 'Haffner's all about surveillance'
He also worked with the FBI with regards to Organised Crime (lots of contacts and resources)
Jane has shaken his hand
He is manipulative.
He displayed a poor attitude towards women when he snapped at and dismissed Van Pelt's findings.
He warns Jane 'if you wanna run a game on me or my people, we got a problem'
He also asks Jane 'do you think...I wasn't watching you every minute?'
You ony have to change one letter in his first name to get to ROY

May be some of Bruno's embedded clues that we'll all go back a nd find once RJ has been revealed!! Just wondered if he's crossed anyone else's mind?

I'm not convinced but I'm keeping an open mind! wink

Message edited by AgentM - Tuesday, 15-Jan-13, 9:52 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 08-Jan-13, 3:27 AM | Message # 85
Bee's Knees

In a recent rerun of the one where Stiles and Jane conspire to faind who is trying to derail his headship of Visualize, there were a slew of potential RJ in all the executives. The young dark haired man, who was quite good looking, and Stiles' attorney were possibilities but I'm not sure if Jane actually shook their hands then or on a previous episode. The tie to Visualize has to be central to RJ's method of manipulation, which shows in th eway Brett enjoys sparring with Patrick, and he has friends in the police and the FBI, and they are all under some sort of control.

Fran Date: Monday, 15-Apr-13, 11:07 AM | Message # 86
Fair Dinkum

CBS will be revealing 10 RJ suspects here each week until the Season 5 Finale when the final 7 will be revealed:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/red-john/

June Date: Monday, 15-Apr-13, 3:40 PM | Message # 87
Bee's Knees

Interesting! But I admit that some suspects surprise me. It seems to me a weird list.

Lena Date: Monday, 15-Apr-13, 3:48 PM | Message # 88
Dinkie-Di

Fran thanks for posting the link, I would never have suspected some of them.

Hayseed Date: Monday, 15-Apr-13, 5:03 PM | Message # 89
Bee's Knees

I think CBS is just having us on - clearly a lot of those people can be ruled out by anybody who is paying attention at all. They're just trying to hype the season finale. Which is okay, but most of those people are ridiculous. Really, the football player? LOL

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 15-Apr-13, 5:55 PM | Message # 90
Fair Dinkum

Agree.

Phoney list it seems… dry

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Who is the real Red John?
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz