Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 3:11 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Who is the real Red John?
Who is the real Red John?
Who is the real Red John?
1. A member of the main CBI Team (e.g. Van Pelt, Cho etc) [ 4 ] [7.41%]
2. A recurring or guest character (e.g. Bertram, Laroche, Stiles, Partridge etc) [ 31 ] [57.41%]
3. A background character (e.g. CBI Ron, CBI Karl etc) [ 10 ] [18.52%]
4. Someone we haven't seen yet [ 9 ] [16.67%]
Answers total: 54
sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 15-Apr-13, 5:55 PM | Message # 91
Bee's Knees

Clearly t his is just them having us on. None of these people are viable and the fact that Kirkland is acting so suspiciously in the latest episode (USA) is too much in your face to justify his being RJ. We shall wait and see.

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 15-Apr-13, 6:12 PM | Message # 92
Bee's Knees

Someone reminded me also that the writers admitted in Sept 2011 that we (the viewers) had seen RJ in a prior episode, so unless Kirkland appeared before and changed his looks, he is not the man. Back to the list. Jane knows about the visit to his loft and smiles about it. His little book of notes has all the meaningful info he will not share.

bonbon Date: Monday, 15-Apr-13, 6:13 PM | Message # 93
Jillaroo

Not sure where to post this. but.......Don’t think my original post went out last week (can’t find it). Electric went out here @ that time. But wonder what others think about CBS’s live sport coverages & delays in TM. This past winter there were delayed airings because of FOOTBALL - then came spring & BASKETBALL – now, GOLF! RIDICULOUS! Last night we saw it here in the east @ 10:56 pm (at least those of us who were still up). I guess season 6 was already in the plans as being the LAST one for Patrick Jane (especially after Heller got his new series on CBS come fall). But, the switch in airing TM to Sundays signed its DEATH WARRANT dissuading late night viewers & guaranteeing its demise. (The delays even ‘screwed up’ DVR settings.) I suppose Simon’s “ok with it” & eager to move on in another direction of his career. I just hate the way the network ‘played’ us & swapped out this popular show with ‘newer series’ & to make room for ‘upcoming productions’. Will they do the same w/ “Elementary” or “Person of Interest” or “Blue Bloods”? But, I’ll get off my soapbox for now & enjoy the remaining three episodes & hope CBS won’t jerk us around too much with next season’s airings.

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 16-Apr-13, 10:47 AM | Message # 94
Bee's Knees

It does seem to be a strange state of affairs with TV in America...we have a few problems like that over here in England with sport taking precedence, but the networks seem to have just shoved The Mentalist in any old spot that they could find free...odd when it has been so successful all over the world...unless they feel that this is the only show that can keep some of it's loyal fans even when they muck about with the timing, and anything else would just lose viewers for them....Bad planning I think!

Fran Date: Sunday, 05-May-13, 10:11 AM | Message # 95
Fair Dinkum

From @CBSTweet - http://instagram.com/p/Y5xcISB8ky/#

bee Date: Sunday, 05-May-13, 12:26 PM | Message # 96
Fair Dinkum

I'm not sure who RJ is but I'm certain it's not Bob Kirkland. My theory is that Kirkland is actually related to Jane somehow. I know they don't look alike but they do like the same drink....bloody mary. I know this is a pretty slim clue but remember in Red Letter Day when Jane realises the connection between Ian Percy and Lily Soto and how they are related. Perhaps this was some sort of clue! Perhaps Jane was kidnapped from his true parents by the carny folk as a baby/young child and Kirkland and his parents travelled around America to try and find him!! Robin also says in the video that Jane wears three piece suits and drinks tea, is this normal for carny folk I ask myself? Personally I think Kirkland is a "good guy" and is actually helping Jane in a twisted kind of way and will eventually pay the ultimate price. Yes...I know I'm a little paranoid and should "get a life" but you can blame Bruno (and Simon) for that. Well that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.... I'm now going for a lie down....my brain hurts... blink

Hayseed Date: Sunday, 05-May-13, 2:34 PM | Message # 97
Bee's Knees

The top right hand corner one looks like Mashburn to me. And the second to the left on the bottom is bald. Other than that, I got nothin'. LOL

I think Kirkland is somehow related to Angela. Lover/cousin/something. Wouldn't it be an interesting kick if Jane's wife had been unfaithful?

AgentM Date: Sunday, 05-May-13, 3:09 PM | Message # 98
Bee's Knees

Hayseed, I agree that top right looks like Mashburn...the hair is distinctive (tho' I have seen Stiles's hair in similar way from a certain angle), I think below him is Partridge and the bald one on the bottom row is possibly Bertram. As for the others, third from left on the bottom kinda looks like Haffner....I traced the profiles and have been (mostly unsuccessfully) trying to match them to the suspect pool on the cbs website (yes, I know I really should get out more!....) Though I doubt that they would make it that easy....the profiles prob come from other photos!

Quote (Hayseed)
Wouldn't it be an interesting kick if Jane's wife had been unfaithful?

It would be interesting to see his reaction...I always kind of figured they had quite a tempestuous relationship...I don't know why...maybe the Irish passion I assumed them both to have (Patrick Jane and Angela are quite Irish names!) I guessed I assumed that on the day she died, they'd had a disagreement/argument and that's connected to some of the guilt he carries.... I don't know, I'm just guessing now....

Message edited by AgentM - Sunday, 05-May-13, 3:11 PM

Fran Date: Tuesday, 07-May-13, 10:28 AM | Message # 99
Fair Dinkum

The 7 Red John Suspects from Season 5 Finale

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 07-May-13, 5:17 PM | Message # 100
Bee's Knees

Now that they've ruled out Mars, I'm going with Kirkland.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 07-May-13, 6:18 PM | Message # 101
Fair Dinkum

Very few fit the description from Rosalind Harker (episode 1.23) !!! wink

Peithon Date: Wednesday, 08-May-13, 1:23 AM | Message # 102
Rip Snorter

Evy you are correct - only two are less than 6 ft tall, but two others are 6 ft.

Tina Date: Thursday, 09-May-13, 11:11 AM | Message # 103
Fair Dinkum

Evy, I don't see the names you mentioned too. They are not on my list of RJ possibilities.

Evy Date: Thursday, 09-May-13, 12:12 PM | Message # 104
Fair Dinkum

Tina :

The names are mentioned in the "SPOILER" included in my message (extracting from the list of the real 7 suspects published in Fran's SPOILER - message number 99 -.above) wink

Tina Date: Thursday, 09-May-13, 2:58 PM | Message # 105
Fair Dinkum

yes. I meant I think the same as you. I don't think RJ is one of the names you mentioned.
Didn't want to write down the names. Guess we should be careful with
spoilers in this thread?

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Who is the real Red John?
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz