Sunday, 19-May-24, 11:47 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
bee Date: Wednesday, 12-Sep-12, 8:12 AM | Message # 136
Fair Dinkum

I hope the new show will be a success for Bruno, Ashley and Tom. It will be interesting to see who they cast in the lead roles. Whoever they are they will have a hard act to follow after Simon and Robin's on-screen chemistry! I wish them well. smile

Tina Date: Thursday, 13-Sep-12, 2:36 PM | Message # 137
Fair Dinkum

I'm not happy with a new show from Bruno as long as The Mentalist is on. I went through this with another show I loved, Nip/Tuck. When Ryan Murphy started with Glee Nip/Tuck got worse and worse, seems Ryan didn't put much time in anymore. I'd never thought I say this but I was happy when Nip/Tuck was over, because quality went down so much. I just hope this doesn't happen to TM!

lenacr Date: Thursday, 13-Sep-12, 5:26 PM | Message # 138
Dinkie-Di

I don't want to be pessimistic (which I normally am, unfortunately), but I also worry about Heller starting a new show. I am concerned that he will not put as much effort and thought on TM. I hope my pessimism is not justified....

bee Date: Thursday, 13-Sep-12, 5:57 PM | Message # 139
Fair Dinkum

I must admit I'm also a little concerned about Bruno starting a new project but I think he has so much respect for Simon, and they seem to be close friends as well as colleagues, that he wouldn't let him down by not giving his utmost attention to the show. However, does this mean that TM is nearing the end of its run? I hope not because I believe it still has a lot of life left in it and I wouldn't want to see a rushed ending! Besides Simon is still under contract for a while yet isn't he? Sorry about the doom and gloom......don't want to even think about the ending!! cry

Fran Date: Thursday, 13-Sep-12, 7:13 PM | Message # 140
Fair Dinkum

How Real Is 'The Mentalist?'

On CBS' The Mentalist, Patrick Jane uses a uniquely honed skill set to assist The F.B.I. in catching criminals -- but just how realistic is the TV drama? Apparently, very!

As you can see in this ETonline exclusive sneak peek from The Mentalist's season four DVD bonus features, several agents reveal that the agency is positively littered with real life Patrick Jane's!

(Video clip includes 2 short clips of Simon speaking and 1 of Owain)

(1:30) http://www.etonline.com/tv....ve_clip

justlook3 Date: Thursday, 13-Sep-12, 7:57 PM | Message # 141
Bee's Knees

They sold a pilot. This does not mean that the show will be picked up. All that has happened is that they got the go ahead to shoot a pilot. The project could go next season, it could sit for a couple, it may never see the light of day. CBS introduces an average of 3 new dramas a season out of hundreds of pilots that get sold to them.
As for Simon's contract, I believe he's contracted for 7.
I honestly don't think there's anything to worry about it. I'd be happy to see another show from that group and lots of show runners have multiple shows they do very well.

Message edited by justlook3 - Thursday, 13-Sep-12, 8:05 PM

Tina Date: Friday, 14-Sep-12, 9:13 AM | Message # 142
Fair Dinkum

I so hope you are true. I just don't have good experiences when show creators starts new projects. TM is so important for me, I love it so much, and don't even want to think about this show ending some day. I just hope it's on for a few more years, AT LEAST til Season 7.

Fran Date: Monday, 17-Sep-12, 7:49 PM | Message # 143
Fair Dinkum

Thanks to Alejandra @Aleee_O for behind the scenes video and photos from 1.12 Red Rum:

(2:47): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzoYjJTqEGE

http://picasaweb.google.com/alexzibil/TheMentalistBTSPictures112RedRum

Lena Date: Tuesday, 18-Sep-12, 9:26 AM | Message # 144
Dinkie-Di

Thank you so much Alejandra and Fran for the pictures and the video. Love the pictures when Simon is on the bike and smiles.

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 19-Sep-12, 5:01 PM | Message # 145
Bee's Knees

Here is a bit of info about the Sunday scheduling on CBS for all the US fans. Log on to CBS.com eye-lerts to get schedule changes (due to double play football games) on your phone and e-mail.

justlook3 Date: Wednesday, 19-Sep-12, 8:57 PM | Message # 146
Bee's Knees

Here is a bit of info about the Sunday scheduling on CBS for all the US fans. Log on to CBS.com eye-lerts to get schedule changes (due to double play football games) on your phone and e-mail.

Thanks for the tip! I'm padding my DVR too. But I kinda almost wish I lived on the West Coast where there are no football delays. But then everything else is delayed but sporting events (except the Olympics (eye roll) ) so maybe it's a trade off!
Think since I'm not a Nielsen family anyway, I'll just pad my DVR and watch the show on Monday morning anyway if it gets too late. I love living in the future!

Peithon Date: Friday, 21-Sep-12, 1:16 PM | Message # 147
Rip Snorter

Bruno isn't the only one with work outside The Mentalist. Cerone has a show he's doing for CTV, Woodruff also, even new writer Cutter has a short film. However Simon is a producer this year so he will most certainly keep the show on track. When Bruno was working on his Rome movie script in season 2 there was definitely a noticable change in quality but I don't think that will happen with season 5.

Fran Date: Friday, 21-Sep-12, 1:33 PM | Message # 148
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Peithon)
even new writer Cutter has a short film

Yes, I thought that was interesting (there's a link to a short clip of it in the 'Other News' section: http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/blog )

Peithon Date: Friday, 21-Sep-12, 7:49 PM | Message # 149
Rip Snorter

Now for the more sordid, the State of California is suing the director of Not Forgotten and others for operating a ponzi scheme and defrauding senior citizens by misrepresenting how they were investing their monies. Judging from his disrespectful comments about Simon on the DVD, well what goes around comes around. Story in The Hollywood Reporter.

Fran Date: Friday, 21-Sep-12, 8:12 PM | Message # 150
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Peithon)
Now for the more sordid, the State of California is suing the director of Not Forgotten ......

This was also posted in the 'Other News' section as it doesn't directly concern Simon or The Mentalist. Agree Dror Soref is a horrible man, but please can any discussion about this be with the original post in Other News.

Quote (Peithon)
When Bruno was working on his Rome movie script in season 2 there was definitely a noticable change in quality

I disagree, I love Season 2. I thought the Bosco storyline was brilliant and 'His Red Right Hand' is still one of my favourite eps. Several others I really enjoyed too, particularly 'Red Badge', 'Redline' and 'Blood Money'.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz