Saturday, 18-May-24, 5:54 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Tina Date: Saturday, 25-Aug-12, 8:55 AM | Message # 121
Fair Dinkum

Yep, a very famous rock in Germany, usually visitors from other countries should make a boat trip and pass the Lorelei rock.
There is also a song about Lorelei.

lenacr Date: Saturday, 25-Aug-12, 10:29 AM | Message # 122
Dinkie-Di

I love this info. Thanks Tinamarianne!!!!

Sort of Siren - Sirens in Ancient Greek Mythology enchanted sailors with their song and beauty so that they forgot their destination, stayed with them and some of them were eaten by them - basically sailors were destroyed by the Sirens!!!

(Homer in Odyssey says that Odysseus, following advise, had his sailors' ears blocked, while he had his men tie him on the mast - and so they managed to go past the Sirens safe. I also think the Sirens committed suicide as a result, drowned themselves).

Fran Date: Tuesday, 28-Aug-12, 10:06 AM | Message # 123
Fair Dinkum

27th August

@marilerie
Here's Owain Yeoman shooting a final scene of The Mentalist @Vassar n Devonshire in Chastworth, CA around 7:30 pm https://twitter.com/marilerie/status/240296070687649793/photo/1

Peithon Date: Friday, 31-Aug-12, 8:43 AM | Message # 124
Rip Snorter

An article about Chriqui with a couple of mentions of The Mentalist:

http://www.postcity.com/Post-Ci....is-fall

Fran Date: Tuesday, 04-Sep-12, 0:33 AM | Message # 125
Fair Dinkum

Episode 5.05 - Cherry Picked - More Snippets

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012....ed.html

As we previously reported here, this episode will feature a kidnapping case in which the victims are kidnapped by mistake.

Some other small snippets
- The couple who get kidnapped are called Sloan and Gary Dietz.
- The intended couple are called Pella and Marcus Goodwin
- The Goodwins and Dietzs are friends
- Marcus is an important defence contractor with the government
- We will also meet Isaac who is Marcus' brother.

Peithon Date: Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 4:11 AM | Message # 126
Rip Snorter

Hollywood Reporter put out an article saying that international buyers are tepid about the new American TV shows/pilots, but that The Mentalist is the only newer drama that can be called a global hit and that CSI/NCIS are getting long in the tooth...

bee Date: Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 11:05 AM | Message # 127
Fair Dinkum

Gratifying to hear that TM is regarded as a global hit. In my humble opinion it easily out performs all other crime procedurals with its unique concept, great cast, writers, crew etc etc (also having the most gifted and gorgeous man on the planet in the lead does help of course). Long may it continue.....PLEASE! biggrin

Message edited by bee - Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 11:14 AM

Wand612 Date: Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 3:04 PM | Message # 128
Jillaroo

Bee, my thoughts exactly! And hopefully, this fact will help extend the life of The Mentalist.

Message edited by Wand612 - Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 3:09 PM

Peithon Date: Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 3:57 PM | Message # 129
Rip Snorter

Someone typed out a short snippet from Entertainment Weekly Magazine and mentions that Jane will meet a girl who claims to be Jane's Daughter in episode 2.

Alejandra Date: Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 4:40 PM | Message # 130
Ankle Biter

Quote (Wand612)
Someone typed out a short snippet from Entertainment Weekly Magazine and mentions that Jane will meet a girl who claims to be Jane's Daughter in episode 2.

Spoiler from EW :

With The Mentalist switching to a new night, “it’s a new start for us,” says exec producer Bruno Heller of the crime drama’s fifth season. “Things are going to move forward in a way they haven’t in the past.” Translation: major developments in Patrick Jane’s (Simon Baker) quest to nab Red John, the serial killer who murdered his family (although in the season’s second episode, Jane will meet a girl who claims to be his dead daughter). Jane and his CBI cohorts are forced to collaborate with a team of FBI agents, led by Rome’s Polly Walker. Red John’s lackey Lorlei Martins (Emmanuelle Chriqui)-introduced in last season’s finale—will stick around for several episodes as a foil, possible informant, and risky love interest for Jane, much to the chagrin of Agent Lisbon. (Robin Tunney) SEPT 30

Message edited by Alejandra - Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 4:41 PM

justlook3 Date: Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 6:27 PM | Message # 131
Bee's Knees

Actually global interest only effects Warner Brothers and not CBS. The network only cares about ratings in the US. However, that does give WB incentive to fight for the show. But to be honest, I think the show will bow out on it's own terms at the end of Simon's contract (season 7?) I don't see him extending that contract unless it's for a single season. The ratings are solid enough for CBS to keep them around until then while there are older shows that will probably leave first (and of course one or more of the new shows could fail in the meantime.)

bonbon Date: Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 7:48 PM | Message # 132
Jillaroo

Sad to admit the thought, but I agree with justlook3....think Simon will call it quits in TV at end of season 7 to persue career in directing big screen projects. He has some things already lined up on the side (remember he bought rights to Tim Winton's "BREATH" to star in and direct, himself?) His name's been linked, too, with some other movie projects. Apparently, one next year to be filmed in/around France. Although I wish him continued success in any and all future endeavors.....I would TRULY MISS his regular apparence on the small screen.

justlook3 Date: Saturday, 08-Sep-12, 10:10 PM | Message # 133
Bee's Knees

I agree too, I'll miss the show and his regular appearances terribly. But he claims he's done with tv after The Mentalist ends (again, we'll see what happens after he takes a break. There's a reason why so many erstwhile movie stars are coming to tv and it all has to do with the current state of the movie industry). And I'd rather have the show go out on their own terms instead of the networks. We'll get a real ending instead of either an abrupt end or a slow painful death (like so many of these shows these days do where most of the original cast is gone and the scripts are a shadow of their glory).

Wand612 Date: Tuesday, 11-Sep-12, 5:10 PM | Message # 134
Jillaroo

I definitely don't expect the show to go beyond 7 seasons. My hope is that it lasts that long. If it's so popular internationally, I think there will be monetary incentives all around to keep it going that long.

By the way, here is a link describing how CBS will be trying to ease the awkwardness of the new schedule.

CBS scheduling

Excerpt:
CBS’s Primetime Shows Will Be Listed to Start 30 Minutes Later Than Usual on NFL Doubleheader Dates
In an effort to further assist CBS’s Sunday night viewers in navigating primetime series time changes due to NFL overruns, CBS will list the scheduled start times for its Sunday night series 30 minutes later in Eastern and Central Time zones on doubleheader weekends.
The NFL on CBS’s 2012 doubleheader Sundays are: Sept. 16 and 23; Oct. 7 and 21; Nov. 4 and 18; and Dec. 2, 16 and 30.

Additionally, CBS has upgraded its Eye-lert system, which originally debuted in 2007 as a means of informing viewers of the delayed start times of CBS’s Sunday night programs affected by football overruns. Fans can now go to www.cbs.com/eye-lerts to sign up for SMS texts, Twitter tweets, Facebook updates and/or the previously established email alerts. Viewers who are already registered for alert emails through the previous system will continue to receive them unless they choose to unsubscribe.

Peithon Date: Tuesday, 11-Sep-12, 7:14 PM | Message # 135
Rip Snorter

More on the new pilot that Bruno/Ashely/Tom sold to CBS via WB:

http://www.deadline.com/2012....-at-cbs

CBS is expanding its relationship with The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller. The network has handed out a pilot production commitment to The Advocates, a legal drama written and executive produced by Heller. It centers on a female lawyer and a male ex-con who team up as “victim advocates,” going to the edge of the law to right wrongs and fight for the underdog. Warner Bros TV, the studio behind The Mentalist, also produces the new project.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz