Wednesday, 08-May-24, 7:58 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Fran Date: Monday, 20-Aug-12, 11:46 AM | Message # 106
Fair Dinkum

March 2009 – Los Angeles Times - 'The Mentalist' and Simon Baker find a hit

I've just discovered that this article which is on my laptop was missing from the Articles section. As its 3 years old, I'm sure most people have read it before, but if you haven't or you'd like to read it again, you'll find it here:

http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/load/2009_march_la_times/1-1-0-183

AgentM Date: Monday, 20-Aug-12, 8:47 PM | Message # 107
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the article. Must have passed me by previously.

quote : 'apologizing for his cough and the rasp in his voice.' unquote.

Simon...don't ever apologise for the rasp in your voice. tongue It's yummy!

I know the interview says he had a cold and I've always thought that Simon had a cold when they filmed the season 1 finale (especially when he is talking to the Plaskets and he accuses the husband of being the reason the wife drinks too much.)

Not sure how 'Sherlock Holmes and Angelina Jolie' could have spawned Patrick Jane though! LOL that that was Bruno's pitch! lol

Fran Date: Tuesday, 21-Aug-12, 7:37 PM | Message # 108
Fair Dinkum

The Mentalist's Amanda Righetti Is Pregnant

The Mentalist's Amanda Righetti is about to have her hands extra full!

The actress, 29, is expecting her first child with her husband, producer/director Jordan Alan, her rep confirms to Us Weekly. Righetti is due this winter.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebri....2012218

Fran Date: Tuesday, 21-Aug-12, 7:42 PM | Message # 109
Fair Dinkum

Small pics - 5.01 The Crimson Ticket

Large pics now available here: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-mentalist/photos/

justlook3 Date: Tuesday, 21-Aug-12, 7:43 PM | Message # 110
Bee's Knees

Well Van Pelt's job tends to involve a lot of sitting in front of the computer, so expect much more of that. I wonder how they'll write her out for maternity leave? Certainly not going to write her pregnancy in.

Oooh, hope to see a bigger image of the one with Lorelai. I just really like those reflection style shots. Did Jane already tick someone off in the first pic?

Message edited by justlook3 - Tuesday, 21-Aug-12, 7:44 PM

Wand612 Date: Tuesday, 21-Aug-12, 8:45 PM | Message # 111
Jillaroo

I like Amanda being smart sitting behind a computer. If she is absent, perhaps they will relate it somehow to her cousin Yolanda, or her football coach father.

justlook3 Date: Tuesday, 21-Aug-12, 8:53 PM | Message # 112
Bee's Knees

Standard maternity leave in the US is 6 weeks I believe. (I'm not a mother.) Six weeks is usually what the soap actresses get, so I'm going with that. Winter is vague. If she's due during their extended Christmas break, she may only miss an episode or two. I'm sure the writers have it covered. It is convenient that her family is out of state, so yes, a family crisis in Iowa to send her to would work very well! And again it helps that her character is the computer expert and it's not out of character to have her left behind answering the phones.

And of course congratulations and blessings to Amanda and her husband!

Message edited by justlook3 - Tuesday, 21-Aug-12, 8:56 PM

lenacr Date: Tuesday, 21-Aug-12, 9:07 PM | Message # 113
Dinkie-Di

Great news for Amanda!!! Congratulations! I am a bit disappointed though, as I was hoping that VanPelt will have a bigger role to play in Season 5 in TM!

Fran Date: Wednesday, 22-Aug-12, 1:44 AM | Message # 114
Fair Dinkum

The Mentalist's Amanda Righetti Expecting First Child – Is Van Pelt Preggers Too?

Does Van Pelt have a bun in the oven?
The Mentalist‘s Amanda Righetti is expecting her first child this spring with husband Jordan Alan, which has prompted the usual speculation about her character’s future as a mom.

TVLine can exclusively confirm that art will not imitate life in this case. Van Pelt will not be pregnant, and the show will shoot around Righetti’s baby bump.

It makes sense, considering the detective isn’t currently involved with anyone on the show. (But we were kinda hoping the littlest member of the Serious Crime team would be proof that Van Pelt and Rigsby’s against-the-rules relationship continued in secret — even from viewers.)

http://tvline.com/2012/08/21/the-mentalists-amanda-righetti-pregnant/

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 22-Aug-12, 4:55 PM | Message # 115
Bee's Knees

I knew it!!!! Congrats to Amanda and hubby. hands Well, I guess that rules out VP becoming one of RJ's femme fatales this season then! I can't wait to see how they shoot around this one!

Maybe VanP could get kidnapped/go missing and then turn up within Visualize or something a good while later...? wacko Or is maybe returned to the fold having been brainwashed by RJ to become one of his disciples... Okay now I'm just getting silly...or am I?

Message edited by AgentM - Thursday, 23-Aug-12, 9:26 PM

Fran Date: Thursday, 23-Aug-12, 7:17 PM | Message # 116
Fair Dinkum

SpoilerTV poll: The Mentalist - Have they dragged out the Red John story too long? http://www.spoilertv.com/2012....ut.html

(Lots of people who are not fans of the show are voting 'Yes' to this, so maybe those of us who think 'No' can redress the balance a bit by voting smile )

Fran Date: Thursday, 23-Aug-12, 11:57 PM | Message # 117
Fair Dinkum

23rd August - @kimimi1289 On the set of The Mentalist!

Fran Date: Friday, 24-Aug-12, 9:56 AM | Message # 118
Fair Dinkum

Additional Season 5 promo photo can be viewed here now: http://www.cbs.com/shows/fall-previews-2012/flock-to-unlock/
(Also in the Gallery)

Evy Date: Friday, 24-Aug-12, 4:16 PM | Message # 119
Fair Dinkum

I found this short article from a French magazine :

LORELEI : Origin of name
The name Lorelei comes from the Germanic and meant "attractive."
History of name
According to Germanic mythology, Lorelei was a siren that enchanted the sailors when sailing on the Rhine. On the incredible beauty, with her ​​long blonde hair and curly Lorelei, was sitting on a rock to sing. His songs have disrupted the navigation of many men who have fallen in love.

I think Bruno Heller did not choose this name at random when you read this !!! devil

AgentM Date: Friday, 24-Aug-12, 8:28 PM | Message # 120
Bee's Knees

There's actually a statue of her on the Rhine....I've seen it! cool

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz