Saturday, 04-May-24, 3:53 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Tina Date: Sunday, 22-Mar-15, 8:05 PM | Message # 916
Fair Dinkum

Can't remember that I have seen this photo. Thank you for posting. I'm watching a bit TM almost every day and I just made me a Red John summer beanie...he is still with me tongue Need my TM reminders.
Always a Mentalista!

kim Date: Monday, 23-Mar-15, 3:54 AM | Message # 917
Bee's Knees

Thanks DS_P for the great BTS. I am also suffering TM withdrawal. Have started my re-watch of the series just for a daily dose of Simon's voice. Also am re- watching Not Forgotten while I work out........ It's a bad weekend without any new Simon surfing pictures sad

kim Date: Wednesday, 25-Mar-15, 3:31 AM | Message # 918
Bee's Knees

Home and Away to enter the Logie Hall of Fame:pedestrian tv

Sunset Strip available on netflix in April:Cheatsheet.com

Message edited by kim - Wednesday, 25-Mar-15, 3:34 AM

June Date: Wednesday, 25-Mar-15, 6:24 PM | Message # 919
Bee's Knees

Quote tinamarianne ()
Always a Mentalista!

Forever! I'm going to see tonight the last episode of The Mentalist on Spanish TV and today I'm like: "Ok, I have to be ready. I won't cry. I've already seen the episode. I must enjoy it again with my best smile. But..." You know what I mean, right?

Tina Date: Thursday, 26-Mar-15, 8:43 AM | Message # 920
Fair Dinkum

Hope you enjoyed watching it on tv June. I think the hardest thing was to watch the final episode for the first time ...knowing this is the last new TM material ...
I wonder when we get to see it in Germany, we are still in season 6.

June Date: Thursday, 26-Mar-15, 12:18 PM | Message # 921
Bee's Knees

I enjoyed it like the first time but I couldn't help crying a little... Well, more than a little. cry It's amazing how this series, these characters have become something so important and significant in my life. It's fiction, I know that, but they have shared their fictional lives with me for seven years. And what I feel is real, very real. I can imagine Jane and Lisbon living happily with their children in their own paradise and it makes me smile. That's the miraculous of the great stories like this one.

Tina Date: Thursday, 26-Mar-15, 12:27 PM | Message # 922
Fair Dinkum

I know what you mean. I always get wet eyes watching the finale ..don't know if this will ever stop.
I totally agree June, TM is only fictional, but it became so important to me and Jane touches me so much. Will always love him and never forget him.

kim Date: Saturday, 28-Mar-15, 3:23 PM | Message # 923
Bee's Knees

Here's a fun piece on Joe Adler's character Wylie.
bustle.com

Wand6122360 Date: Saturday, 28-Mar-15, 3:52 PM | Message # 924
Bee's Knees

Thanks Kim. That is a nice little article. I have the impression that The Mentalist helped the careers of the actors who played Wylie, Abbott and Vega. I'm glad for that because they deserve it. They were great additions.

I almost wish that Wylie and Vega had been there from the beginning. There was something so pleasantly natural about their interactions with each other. At the risk of stepping on toes, I preferred their interactions to those between Rigsby and VanPelt.

Fran Date: Sunday, 29-Mar-15, 2:03 PM | Message # 925
Fair Dinkum

Quote Wand6122360 ()
At the risk of stepping on toes, I preferred their interactions to those between Rigsby and VanPelt
Certainly not stepping on my toes, I agree I much preferred Wylie & Vega, I was never a great fan of Rigsby & Van Pelt, although did quite enjoy the Rigsby/Cho double-act.

KathyF Date: Sunday, 29-Mar-15, 3:22 PM | Message # 926
Rip Snorter

I also enjoyed the Wylie & Vega pairing! It seemed so natural.

redbird Date: Sunday, 29-Mar-15, 7:54 PM | Message # 927
Dinkie-Di

I too preferred Vega and Wylie to Van Pelt and Rigsby. I just didn't think that Van Pelt and Rigsby were all that interesting. I did, however, enjoy Cho and Rigsby together. They were a hoot!!!

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 03-Apr-15, 12:19 PM | Message # 928
Fair Dinkum

Just read on a blog ( here ) that someone was watching "Kidd Kraddick morning show" on TV yesterday, and heard the actor Matthew Perry said that "he was offered The Mentalist and turned it down"! surprised

The 10 dollars question is: Can you imagine M. Perry as Patrick Jane??

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 03-Apr-15, 1:43 PM | Message # 929
Bee's Knees

What a horrible horrible thought! I can't believe it! They were looking for someone graceful and I would hardly call Matthew Perry that.

kim Date: Friday, 03-Apr-15, 2:06 PM | Message # 930
Bee's Knees

I really loved the Vega character. Josie was great in that role. I also liked the Wiley/ Cho interaction a lot. I loved Rigsby, but honestly not a big fan of VanPelt. I hate to sound disparaging but I would have loved the Vega and Wiley characters to have been around much longer. But then it might have been too hard to have Vega killed and that was an important turning point in the entire last season.

As for Matthew Perry- Meh, never would have worked.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz