Friday, 03-May-24, 5:11 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
amanda Date: Saturday, 04-Apr-15, 9:01 AM | Message # 931
Cobber

Quote DS_Pallas ()
The 10 dollars question is: Can you imagine M. Perry as Patrick Jane??

Matthew Perry hasn't the charm and glamour of Simon Baker. Really not. cool I can't imagine him in the character of PJ. But he is a good actor.

Tina Date: Saturday, 04-Apr-15, 9:52 AM | Message # 932
Fair Dinkum

I like Mathew Perry, but definately not for this role. I always had the impression that Bruno wanted Simon from the beginning and we are so lucky he took the offer! No other actor could have done such an awsome job and I think it wouldn't have been such a success without Simon.

bee Date: Saturday, 04-Apr-15, 11:20 AM | Message # 933
Fair Dinkum

I also got the impression that Bruno wanted Simon for the part from the outset. I seem to remember that Simon once said in an interview (I think it was with Larry King) that he didn't even have to audition for the part, it was just offered to him. Tina love your new Easter themed Avatar, you always make me smile....

Message edited by bee - Saturday, 04-Apr-15, 11:40 AM

Tina Date: Saturday, 04-Apr-15, 5:51 PM | Message # 934
Fair Dinkum

Thank you bee kiss

June Date: Tuesday, 07-Apr-15, 6:57 PM | Message # 935
Bee's Knees

The Mentalist: The Complete Series DVD http://www.cbsstore.com/detail.....-300055

Available on April 28. It's a nice box, isn't it? I have six seasons on dvd but I don't know if I'll be able to avoid buying the complete series. Very tempting!

Message edited by June - Tuesday, 07-Apr-15, 6:58 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 07-Apr-15, 7:19 PM | Message # 936
Bee's Knees

I wonder if the box set will have any special features. I didn't see any listed, but perhaps I looked in the wrong place? I own 6 seasons and will be buying the 7th. It's the only show for which I've bought the complete set, and it's definitely worth it, based on how often I have watched it.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 07-Apr-15, 8:43 PM | Message # 937
Fair Dinkum

I was hoping for a set with the complete series because I want to have a second copy of all episodes for back up. I hope there will be some extras and that it's published in Europe. So I will wait for a UK or German release.

amanda Date: Tuesday, 07-Apr-15, 9:23 PM | Message # 938
Cobber

Tina your avatar is so beautiful ! You are very talented with knitting hands

ruuger Date: Tuesday, 07-Apr-15, 9:50 PM | Message # 939
Cobber

Quote bee ()
I also got the impression that Bruno wanted Simon for the part from the outset. I seem to remember that Simon once said in an interview (I think it was with Larry King) that he didn't even have to audition for the part, it was just offered to him.

In at least one interview Bruno said that Simon was in a way the network's choice. When they started casting for the pilot, he was given a list of possible leading men that he had to choose from (this is apparently a pretty common practise - the list probably included actors who already had a deal with CBS, such as Christian Slater, Alex O'Laughin and Jason O'Mara), and Simon was the one they picked. He was a bit cagey about whether or not Simon was his first choice, and since they started shooting the pilot within days of Simon being cast, I'm guessing they did also consider other actors before him. Matthew Perry would certainly have been a more bankable leading man for the network than Simon was at the time.

(Also, didn't Bruno say in his Walk of Fame speech that he'd had a moment of regret when he first met Simon and he wasn't at all like he'd imagined the character, but it was Simon's vision of the character that sold him to Bruno?)

Tina Date: Wednesday, 08-Apr-15, 11:42 AM | Message # 940
Fair Dinkum

Thank you so much amanda ! kiss This is my new little boy.

June Date: Saturday, 11-Apr-15, 10:50 PM | Message # 941
Bee's Knees

Mathew Perry could be on the list but he wasn't in Bruno's mind.

From Le Mentalist de A à Z

Did Simon Baker immediately become the only actor for the role?
No, but he was on top of a short list of five or six actors that CBS, which produced the series, supplied me. He had that same grace in his movements, his attitude that mentalists have when they make their performances. First thing that caught my attention.
Who were the other actors?
Understand that I can not name. They wouldn’t want. What you need to know is that when a new series is launched in U.S., your choice of performers is ultimately limited. Between actors in Hollywood and others, you must make your choice from those available and willing to sign a contract for six years, which is the expected duration of the commitment to a series. Simon was my first choice, but I had to fight to convince him to sign because that meant he had to say goodbye to his film career, at least for a time.
What was your first encounter with Simon Baker?
We started talking a lot by phone. I had seen his screen tests and I loved, but I should to persuade him to commit to long term. That takes time. We were face to face for the first time a week before the shooting of the pilot.

What Bruno said in his Walk of Fame speech was this: "The first time I met Simon to talk about The Mentalist, he arrived on a bicycle, and he pulled the script out of his back pocket, all rolled up and sweaty and dog-eared, and every page of the script was covered in notes and black marks and kind of exclamation marks saying NO, crossing out, underlines. Now usually that’s not a good sign, and I was very apprehensive. But Simon analysed that script like an old soldier breaking down a rifle, he made sure all the parts were clean and oiled and working, and then he put it all back together again just the same as it was but better. And he made the character of Patrick Jane his own."

Message edited by June - Saturday, 11-Apr-15, 10:51 PM

marta75 Date: Sunday, 12-Apr-15, 1:55 PM | Message # 942
Rip Snorter

Bravo Tina for your last adorable puppet. You knitted even the glasses and the towel !

marta75 Date: Sunday, 12-Apr-15, 2:00 PM | Message # 943
Rip Snorter

Tina one day you should present your complete collection of little Jane and Lisbon for the new members because they are so amazing

Tina Date: Sunday, 12-Apr-15, 3:19 PM | Message # 944
Fair Dinkum

Thank you so much marta! You are really nice!
I have photos of all my "babies" on instagram, my name there is wollpavillon

Fran Date: Monday, 27-Apr-15, 11:11 AM | Message # 945
Fair Dinkum

From TVLine: Mentalist DVD Sneak Peek: Who Was 'Scared' About Jane/Lisbon Hook-Up?

http://tvline.com/2015....romance

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz