Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 2:35 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 05-May-15, 10:10 AM | Message # 946
Fair Dinkum

TM won the USA Today poll for "canceled shows to rescue".

http://www.usatoday.com/story....6659499

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Tuesday, 05-May-15, 10:10 AM

Ivana Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 5:27 AM | Message # 947
Fair Dinkum

http://thecomicscomic.com/2015....-june-5

Not quite Stupid Human Tricks: Repeats of “The Mentalist” will replace Late Show with David Letterman from May 21-June 5

Getting over David Letterman's retirement certainly won't be easy.

It'll take more than mental feats of strength, or even the final season of The Mentalist -- and yet, CBS has chosen the latter for the short-run. Starting Thursday, CBS stations will rebroadcast the final 12 episodes of The Mentalist's seventh season in the void left behind by Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35 p.m. Eastern/Pacific, 10:35 p.m. Central/Mountain.

Your TV listings and DVR equivalents will show the following episodes of The Mentalist instead of Letterman:

Thursday, May 21: Episode 702 - Nothing But Blue Skies Friday, May 22: #703 - The Greybar Hotel
Monday, May 25: #701 - Orange Blossom Ice Cream
Tuesday, May 26: #705 - The Silver Briefcase
Wednesday, May 27: #706 - Green Light
Thursday, May 28: #707 - Little Yellow House
Friday, May 29: #708 - The Whites Of His Eyes
Monday, June 1: #709 - Copper Bullet
Tuesday, June 2: #710 - Nothing Gold Can Stay
Wednesday, June 3: #711 - Byzantium
Thursday, June 4: #712 - Brown Shag Carpet
Friday, June 5: #713 - White Orchids

After that? CBS plans to plug in other dramas to fill the summer until Late Show with Stephen Colbert debuts in September.

What, no comedies?

Ivana Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 5:29 AM | Message # 948
Fair Dinkum

http://theinterrobang.com/david-l....ntalist

David Letterman is leaving. As of this week, his long running ‘Late Show’ will go into hiatus as the Ed Sullivan Theater set will be torn down and rebuilt for late night’s newest challenger, Stephen Colbert. But with Letterman’s final guests, acts and viral tribute montages soon to be but a memory, there still remains one question left unanswered – who is going to be replace the ‘Late Show’ time slot for this interim summer period? Well the question has finally been answered.

According to the website Zap2it.com, CBS has listed their popular crime drama “The Mentalist’ as the only natural fit to replace the ‘Late Show’. It seems to be logical choice, too. “The Mentalist” is a non-threatening drama that drew a huge audience and was once the highest rated television show is the world during its seven season run. With the lack of late night conversation at 11:30pm until September, CBS has decided to play it safe while still half-heartedly trying to draw as many viewers away from Fallon, Kimmel and Conan O’Brien as they can.

So for your mind-reading crime action dramas, tune into CBS for ‘The Mentalist’ at 11:30pm. Here’s to a quick summer!

(via the Comic’s Comic)

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 12:33 PM | Message # 949
Fair Dinkum

CBS… They'll never cease to amaze me

Not quite Stupid Human Tricks: Repeats of “The Mentalist” will replace Late Show with David Letterman from May 21-June

By Sean L. McCarthy

Getting over David Letterman's retirement certainly won't be easy.

It'll take more than mental feats of strength, or even the final season of The Mentalist -- and yet, CBS has chosen the latter for the short-run. Starting Thursday, CBS stations will rebroadcast the final 12 episodes of The Mentalist's seventh season in the void left behind by Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35 p.m. Eastern/Pacific, 10:35 p.m. Central/Mountain.

Your TV listings and DVR equivalents will show the following episodes of The Mentalist instead of Letterman:

Thursday, May 21: Episode 702 - Nothing But Blue Skies Friday, May 22: #703 - The Greybar Hotel
Monday, May 25: #701 - Orange Blossom Ice Cream
Tuesday, May 26: #705 - The Silver Briefcase
Wednesday, May 27: #706 - Green Light
Thursday, May 28: #707 - Little Yellow House
Friday, May 29: #708 - The Whites Of His Eyes
Monday, June 1: #709 - Copper Bullet
Tuesday, June 2: #710 - Nothing Gold Can Stay
Wednesday, June 3: #711 - Byzantium
Thursday, June 4: #712 - Brown Shag Carpet
Friday, June 5: #713 - White Orchids

After that? CBS plans to plug in other dramas to fill the summer until Late Show with Stephen Colbert debuts in September.

What, no comedies?

source: http://thecomicscomic.com/2015....twitter

Hayseed Date: Thursday, 21-May-15, 10:09 PM | Message # 950
Bee's Knees

Even though I have the DVD I will be compelled to watch these real time. #sickpuppy #notobsessed

DaboGirl Date: Friday, 22-May-15, 3:21 AM | Message # 951
Jillaroo

Quote Hayseed ()
Even though I have the DVD I will be compelled to watch these real time. #sickpuppy #notobsessed

I'm with you and I'm using the DVR just in case I miss it and can't find the DVD or downloads biggrin

Ivana Date: Saturday, 23-May-15, 5:01 AM | Message # 952
Fair Dinkum

http://www.ew.com/article....2014-15

The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15

25. The Mentalist (CBS) 11.80 million

Peithon Date: Sunday, 24-May-15, 0:06 AM | Message # 953
Rip Snorter

Only two shows on that list were cancelled, TM and CSI (which gets a 2 hour farewell episode next season with William Petersen (Grissom) and Marg Helgenberger (Willows) returning.

Message edited by Peithon - Wednesday, 03-Jun-15, 7:23 AM

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 03-Jun-15, 5:51 AM | Message # 954
Fair Dinkum

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015....locally

"The Mentalist" holds its own in late-night here; Game 7 hockey big hit locally

This is what I’m thinking:

CBS’ decision to delay the premiere of Stephen Colbert’s late-night talk show until September rather than start right after David Letterman's farewell has gotten a lot of local criticism, led by Channel 4 meteorologist Don Paul.

Paul might be advised to worry more about predicting the weather than local viewing habits.

The local results of the first week indicate that repeats of “The Mentalist” on Channel 4 are holding up quite nicely against “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on Channel 2 and “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on Channel 7.

From Tuesday through Friday in a week that started with Memorial Day on Monday, Fallon’s program won locally with a 2.9 rating on Channel 2.

“The Mentalist” was close behind with 2.6 rating on Channel 4. It even won Thursday night. Kimmel was third with a 1.6 rating. On Monday, "The Mentalist" won by a narrow margin again.

Of course, Fallon undoubtedly has much better demographics, but that also was the case when Letterman was CBS’ late-night host. Additionally, Fallon was running some repeats last week, which surely lowered his ratings. His lead should expand with original episodes.

But CBS’ strategy is working here and also is giving it time to remodel the Ed Sullivan Theater this summer for Colbert’s show and time to promote the new program.

“The Mentalist” run ends this week. CBS plans to follow it with rerun episodes of several programs that are popular in Western New York, including “Hawaii Five-O,” “CSI: Cyber,” “Elementary,” “Blue Bloods,” The Good Wife," “NCIS: L.A.," “NCIS,” “Scorpion” and “Madam Secretary.”

Tina Date: Monday, 08-Jun-15, 3:47 PM | Message # 955
Fair Dinkum

A little talk about an episode of TM with Connie Britton and Reggie Watts on the Late Late Show:

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote....ntalist

Fran Date: Tuesday, 09-Jun-15, 11:28 AM | Message # 956
Fair Dinkum

I guess James Corden thinks that police procedurals are an odd choice of lead-in for his show, and this "Talking Mentalist" segment is him using his quirky sense of humour to have a bit of a dig at CBS for their scheduling choice. He even followed it up with a segment called "Talking 'Talking Mentalist'".

Actually I think Simon would be amused by it, and I think he knows James because he was involved in Soccer Aid, also I seem to remember seeing him in some photos of Simon with a group of people spending an evening together (after the ' I Give It A Year' London premiere I think, because I remember Claudia Winkleman being there and her husband was involved in that film, but it may have been a different occasion).

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 10-Jun-15, 1:42 AM | Message # 957
Bee's Knees

While I do agree that procedurals might be a weird lead in, I thought the skit was flat at best. I would rather watch the Mentalist for the fourth time than his show the first time. I don't find him amusing at all.

Fran Date: Friday, 12-Jun-15, 11:37 AM | Message # 958
Fair Dinkum

I think that was his point really, that it seems unlikely that it would appeal to the same audience. He may not have been completely right about that though, because The Mentalist seemed to hold its own in that slot, and it may even have got a few new viewers amongst people who were unaware of its quirky sense of humour.

I think the segment was a spoof of other serious Talking About shows, which are usually awkward and sometimes downright embarrassing - as such I found it mildly amusing. I don't know what James Corden is like as a chat show host, but I think he's quite a talented writer - I love "Gavin & Stacey" which he co-wrote, but maybe a bit too British for international viewers.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 02-Jul-15, 5:29 PM | Message # 959
Fair Dinkum

GMMR TV Awards: The Winners Revealed!

After weeks of nominations and voting, you have determined who should take home the fifth annual Give Me My Remote TV Awards!

Best series finale (planned):
THE MENTALIST

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote....le-best

biggrin

Tina Date: Thursday, 02-Jul-15, 6:49 PM | Message # 960
Fair Dinkum

biggrin

I agree. And best show of all times.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz