[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » I Give it a Year
I Give it a Year
Fran Date: Thursday, 04-Jul-13, 10:05 AM | Message # 361
Fair Dinkum

US trailers: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=106148

Mossibecca Date: Thursday, 04-Jul-13, 11:25 AM | Message # 362
Bee's Knees

I have just come back from shopping in Sainsburys, and have popped around to the DVD racks to see how IGIAY is doing....still holding at number 16 in the charts.....it occurred to me that if the other shoppers knew that every Thursday I go there to 'see' Simon, they may think that I am a little.......strange....!! blink But then I decided.....I don't care....it makes me happy! biggrin

Actually it is a good job that they don't sell Gentlemen only....I would be sniffing him too cry

Message edited by Mossibecca - Thursday, 04-Jul-13, 11:26 AM

bee Date: Thursday, 04-Jul-13, 11:59 AM | Message # 363
Fair Dinkum

Don't worry Mossibecca...I treated myself to a bottle of Gentlemen Only and sprayed a little on my pillow...it certainly helped my insomnia!! Don't tell anyone! tongue

June Date: Thursday, 04-Jul-13, 2:13 PM | Message # 364
Bee's Knees

Lucky people. The film doesn't have release date in Spain. Why??? I don't know but it drives me crazy!

AgentM Date: Sunday, 07-Jul-13, 9:48 PM | Message # 365
Bee's Knees

Quote (bee)
I treated myself to a bottle of Gentlemen Only and sprayed a little on my pillow...it certainly helped my insomnia!!

LOL Bee...I can feel the heat from Simon's blushes from here! shy

Juney Date: Tuesday, 30-Jul-13, 5:20 PM | Message # 366
Bee's Knees

I have just got round to watching my copy of IGIAY. I have to say the only bits I enjoyed were the ones with Simon in (of course I could be prejudiced on that). The rest seemed poorly acted and crass. sad Could possibly be typical modern Brit. comedy. (I'm allowed to say that as I am a Brit.)

Tassie Date: Wednesday, 31-Jul-13, 5:49 PM | Message # 367
Bee's Knees

I agree Juney. I always enjoy any film Simon is in because even in the occasional bad one he always lifts them to a higher level, but this wasn't exactly my cup of tea.

Juney Date: Thursday, 01-Aug-13, 3:33 PM | Message # 368
Bee's Knees

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's a shame really because Simon himself was so good.

Fran Date: Friday, 02-Aug-13, 9:54 AM | Message # 369
Fair Dinkum

Milling About with Dan Mazer & Rose Byrne - Radio interview with Dan & Rose, available later today I think
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/robin-m....e-byrne

Not all marriages are meant to last forever – some of them don't make it to a year. That was the inspiration for the comedy about romance, I Give It A Year by writer/director Dan Mazer. Dan tells host Robin Milling he went to an elaborate wedding where the guests were wagering it wouldn't last past six months, and it didn't. Married in Morocco, Dan is going on eight years with his wife which he says works because they are right for each other.

Comedy ensues in the film when Rose Byrne, married to the wrong person, is wooed by the stunning Simon Baker who turns out to be Mr. Very Right. Dan confesses he has a huge man crush on Baker who had everyone on set melting over him. “Simon Baker could turn me! Honestly I had feelings that I never felt before when I would be in the room with him. He is mesmerizing. And the hair is something to behold! As Josh the character says, 'I could drink him in!'”

Fellow Aussie Rose Byrne tells Robin she actually grew up mooning over Baker watching him play a heartthrob on Australian soap opera, E Street. In the film she was impressed by his unwavering composure when he wines and dines her and doves are flying everywhere. “He was literally unflappable landing on his head, and I was a mess!
Luckily nobody got pooped on but that would've been the least of my worries!” Next Rose reunites with Get Him To The Greek director, starring with Seth Rogen in Townies.

Fran Date: Monday, 12-Aug-13, 9:39 AM | Message # 370
Fair Dinkum

Star pays lip service to TV hunk: http://bostonherald.com/inside_....tv_hunk
Excerpt:
How often does a woman get to make out with one of her girlhood crushes? It happened to Rose Byrne, star of this week’s “I Give It a Year,” and it was a little awkward.

“When I was growing up in Australia, around 11 or 12,” Byrne said during a one-on-one sitdown at the Crosby Street Hotel, “Simon was a huge hit in a television show and kind of a heartthrob. As a young girl I was one of the fans.”

So when it came time to lock lips, “It’s a small part of me that found it quite surreal,” the 34-year-old actress said. “Socially I’ve known Simon and his wife and children, so it’s kind of assimilated now. It’s just the context.”

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 12-Aug-13, 1:21 PM | Message # 371
Bee's Knees

The amazon.ca site is giving Oct 22 as the release date for the movie DVD in Canada (and I'm guessing the US). Can't wait, since the movie hasn't been to Canada yet.

http://www.amazon.ca/I-Give-....+a+year

Hayseed Date: Monday, 12-Aug-13, 5:40 PM | Message # 372
Bee's Knees

It's in limited release right now in the US, but a friend told me it's on DirecTV pay per view right now in the US. I'm hoping to watch it tonight. Woot!

Fran Date: Saturday, 31-Aug-13, 1:26 PM | Message # 373
Fair Dinkum

I finally got around to listening to the 'Milling About' radio interview I posted here on 2nd August. I'm so glad I did, the 1st half with Dan Mazer was so funny it had me (and the interviewer) in stitches, and I enjoyed the part when he was talking about Simon so much that I listened to it twice!

bee Date: Saturday, 31-Aug-13, 8:19 PM | Message # 374
Fair Dinkum

I listened to the interview today for the first time too and I think Dan Mazer's comments about Simon are hilarious but I think Simon gets a little embarrassed when he hears people always remarking on his appearance, especially about his hair (as gorgeous as it is)...oh and that smile!!

Message edited by bee - Saturday, 31-Aug-13, 8:21 PM

Fran Date: Sunday, 01-Sep-13, 10:21 AM | Message # 375
Fair Dinkum

I don't think Simon minds being teased about it, I think that's part of his coping mechanism.

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » I Give it a Year
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz