The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » I Give it a Year
I Give it a Year
sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 29-Apr-13, 11:31 PM | Message # 346
Bee's Knees

The LA Times listed all the upcoming films for the Summer and it took me a while to go through all 4 months.

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 4:35 PM | Message # 347
Bee's Knees

I was looking at IGIAY's earnings in Box Office Mojo, and I noticed that its information has been updated to include an August 9 release date, which I guess demonstrates that this is a US-centric site. All its box office up to now is listed under international.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=igiveitayear.htm

Message edited by Wand6122360 - Tuesday, 30-Apr-13, 4:44 PM

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Sunday, 05-May-13, 7:59 PM | Message # 348
True Blue

I just found this link today - for everyone who cannot wait until DVD-release or couldn´t even watch it on the big screen so far,

watch online or download "I Give It A Year" here:

http://www.4shared.com/video/vML8LB8d/I_Give_It_a_Year.htm

quality isn´t great, but b etter than nothing.

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 24-May-13, 4:12 PM | Message # 349
Bee's Knees

An article about a trend towards anti Romcoms, that mentions IGIAY.

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa....bile=wt

Fran Date: Tuesday, 04-Jun-13, 12:29 PM | Message # 350
Fair Dinkum

I've just watched some of the DVD Extras and I'm so happy

There's a whole special section of out-takes of the Dove scene - it's brilliant and Simon stayed so calm despite the doves repeatedly landing on his head and Rose being in absolute pieces. There's also a deleted scene of a Chloe & Guy date which is very good. Simon isn't in many of the gag-reel scenes, but he's in 2 or 3 including a funny one of the Nat & Guy kissing scene.

bee Date: Tuesday, 04-Jun-13, 12:58 PM | Message # 351
Fair Dinkum

Just received my IGIAY dvd and couldn't resist taking a quick sneak peak at the out-takes of the dove scene and I agree Fran Simon seemed so calm throughout even trying to make Rose feel at ease! He's so sweet. Will watch the full DVD and other extras later tonight. biggrin

KathyF Date: Tuesday, 04-Jun-13, 2:07 PM | Message # 352
Rip Snorter

I'm just sad it's not been shown in the US...and it's already out on DVD overseas! sad

Tina Date: Tuesday, 04-Jun-13, 2:29 PM | Message # 353
Fair Dinkum

Got my BluRay today too. So happy. I just LOVE the outtakes of the Dove scene! Seems the doves love Simon's hair too since they keep landing on his head. Going to watch the movie this evening after work, but I had to check out the bloops and outtakes in my lunchbreak.
Since it wasn't such a good day for me yesterday and today this just cheers me up!

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 04-Jun-13, 7:33 PM | Message # 354
Bee's Knees

I got it, I got it, I got it...... already watched the extras....LOVED the dove scene, and the out takes of Simon & Rose in the doorway (be still my beating heart)....Loved the one where you hear a little 'ouch!!' when he banged his head.

Enjoyed the film too, not huge laughs, I think that I had seen most of the funny bits in the trailers, but Simon's performance was wonderful, and I LOVE his hair like that.

Fran Date: Thursday, 06-Jun-13, 10:11 AM | Message # 355
Fair Dinkum

Sainsburys are selling an exclusive 2 disc edition - £9.99 in-store or online (and they've got the sense to feature Simon strongly on the page details)

Disc 1 includes - Audio Commentary with Dan Mazer, Rafe Spall and Kris Thykier, Deleted Scenes, Out-takes and Featurettes

Exclusive Disc contains - Interviews with Rafe Spall, Rose Byrne, Simon Baker, Anna Faris, Stephen Merchant, Minnie Driver, Jason Flemyng, Dan Mazer and Kris Thykier, Premiere Featurette, Press Junket Featurette and Trailers

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en....1233885

Juney Date: Thursday, 06-Jun-13, 4:24 PM | Message # 356
Bee's Knees

That sounds brilliant Fran, and such value for money. smile They obviously know the value of SB.

Juney Date: Friday, 07-Jun-13, 7:44 PM | Message # 357
Bee's Knees

Have got my copy. Same price as Fran's from HMV. smile

Fran Date: Tuesday, 11-Jun-13, 0:52 AM | Message # 358
Fair Dinkum

UK Official (highest selling) Video Chart - IGIAY enters in 6th place.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-n....rt-2274

Excerpt:
According to the Official Charts Company’s sales data, Wreck-It Ralph was the most purchased video title in the UK last week. Denzel Washington’s airline drama Flight is new in at Number 2, while Django Unchained falls two places to Number 3. Sylvester Stallone’s Bullet To The Head debuts at Number 4, and Tom Hooper’s Les Miserables completes this week’s Top 5.

In addition to Wreck-It Ralph (Number 1), Flight (2) and Bullet To The Head (4), there are five other new entries on this week’s Official Video Chart.
British rom-com I Give It A Year, which stars Rose Byrne, Anna Faris, Simon Baker, Rafe Spall, Minnie Driver, Olivia Colman and Stephen Merchant, enters at Number 6, followed by the fifth series of Breaking Bad (7). The seventh series of Dexter debuts at Number 13, while classic 1971 Doctor Who series The Mind Of Evil and Top Gear - The Great African Adventure are new in at Number 20 and Number 35, respectively.

Juney Date: Wednesday, 12-Jun-13, 10:04 AM | Message # 359
Bee's Knees

Gosh, Simon actually mentioned. Whatever next!

Thrill Date: Sunday, 23-Jun-13, 1:25 PM | Message # 360
Dinkie-Di

Finally got my DVD hot from the UK (it must have come sea mail.......). Very happy
I will now be making a short vid of all the best simon bits...but YT will probably block. We'll see
biggrin

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » I Give it a Year
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz